1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E-Commerce software / Online shopping carts

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gilly, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Gilly

Gilly Member

[Sep 18, 2010]
    Guys

anyone got a heads up of any decent companies to use to build a decent website from a template with an integrated shopping cart / payment facility

i am not so hot on building sites from code etc..so wanted something cheap and reliable that requires little effort to build and maintain

bit of a random longshot question but hey ho...
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 2, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Sep 18, 2010]
    Do a search mate as I know someone else asked little while back & Staz amongst others answered with some info.
  4. Gilly

Gilly Member

[Sep 18, 2010]
    found that..cheers mate, may as well PM staz to see what he used i the end
  5. consilio

consilio Up the owls!

[Sep 18, 2010]
    Have a look at Magento. Its free, skinnable and comes with pretty much everything as default, including checkout payment integration
  6. tux

tux Member

[Sep 20, 2010]
    I used OpenCart to build one.

OpenCart - Open Source Shopping Cart Solution

Its open source so its free to use and was pretty simple to install, even though I'm not hugely techy. Once installed its all point and click to maintain so not too difficult.
  7. Gilly

Gilly Member

[Sep 22, 2010]
    cheers guys...will work my way thru them
  8. Brooksy

Brooksy Member

[Sep 22, 2010]
    I'm a Graphic & Web Designer seeing as within my team, our web developers create carts from scratch etc so this will be of no use to you. But when I design websites for friends, family or clients (personal freelance work) I tend to integrate paypal, google checkout as they are free also with an account of course and come with fully secure too. - So your customers/ clients know their details are safe and sound.

I am yet to find a checkout system and a client that demands a big enough shopping cart to try any of the 'third-party' software carts out.
  9. Gilly

Gilly Member

[Sep 22, 2010]
    this is where i am at currently, the paypal route that is. only problem is i am fairly novice at the whole web design process, but its only a hobby so no real issue if it takes me ages to get it right...the shopping carts i have tried so far have not been too impressive but i will try a few more in case
  10. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving VCDS Map User

[Sep 22, 2010]
    There are quite a few clients of ours that provide this to SMEs (Small to Medium Enterprises). Mr Site comes to mind for the site, but there are loads. Will have a look through the rosta and get back to you.
  11. Brooksy

Brooksy Member

[Sep 23, 2010]
    If you know a bit of coding knowledge, might be worth checking out Hot Scripts. Type it in google. They offer a range of Freeware, shareware and paid software scripts for all your needs. Choose the language you prefer to work in. So ecart in .php or ecart in .aspx or another form of code lanaguage they should have a nice range. It's also good to look other stuff that might come in handy like built in calendars, guestbooks and news tickers. Worth a look.