1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dynamat in S3

forty3 Apr 26, 2010

1. forty3

forty3 Member

Posted this in the ICE section but seems a bit quiet in there.

In preparation for lots of new bits turning up in the post I have started stripping my S3 and was wondering what panels tend to rattle / where the best place to put dynamat is?

Any and all help much appreciated.

2. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

I think you should stick it on anything thats got a 'low mass',....so large panels etc so it increases its mass and stops it vibrating/resonating.

3. gareth_oau

gareth_oau Member

despite the weakness of the sub-woofer, mine makes the rear quarterpanel on the left hand side rattle (behind the CD stacker) when the radio is turned up a bit

4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yes, as said really all round the sub woofer and all over the inside of the front doors and the door cards themselves where possible, just to give the flimsy things a bit more weight.

5. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

My mate works in NVH and he got a roll of the stuff and really went to town on his Mk4 Golf....amazed by how much nicer it was inside afterwards.

Anything thin with a large surface area would be where I start. His car sounded so solid afterwards.

I may invest in some myself (ny invest I mean buy him a few beers and hope a load arrives on my doorstep :) )

6. forty3

forty3 Member

Thanks for the info guys. Will get busy with the stuff and hopefully nothing rattles once it's all back together!