1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVLA

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by beaker, May 23, 2006.

1. beaker

beaker Member

Does anyone know what the deal is with your address details on your licence and registration documents? I am changing address at the end of the week but will be changing again at the start of August when I move into my new flat. Should I just wait till then to change everything or do I need to do it twice?
  2. Mikebabs1

Mikebabs1 Member

I recently changed the address on my license after moving 5 years ago. I think you can be fined £1000 for having incorrect information, but unless you're caught, how are they going to know?

When I got a speeding fine last year I was asked by the police to send in my license. I rang them up and told them it had the wrong address on as I had "recently" moved. They said it wasn't a problem and asked me to put a note in with the license telling them which address to send it back to.

A week or so later I received a letter from the police telling me they had forwarded my license onto the DVLA as they noticed my address was incorrect. I then receieved a letter from the DVLA thanking me for sending them my license and asking if I could send them a photograph so they could issue me with a new photocard license and update my address.

I did, and now have a new photo license with the correct address on. Wasn't a problem at all.

So to sum up, I wouldn't bother worrying about your license (but don't blame me if you get fined). However don't know about the registration docs - this may affect your insurance so probably worth checking.

Mike
  3. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

I had moved twice in the last 2 years and just dent my license off after getting points...they updated it and i got it back last week! No problems
  4. beaker

beaker Member

Cool, sounds like I can wait till the next move then.
  5. OutLore

OutLore VOIP Dude

Hmm... I left the country and still have my old address on mine. Not sure if you can have an international address on a UK license...

Anyone know? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif