DVD / TV Video in Motion

Steveredman

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone managed to override the system that stops the display of TV or other videos (DVD) when the vehicle is moving?

Is it just a VCDS coding job?

This is for an A6 C6 2010 model.

Many Thanks,

Steve

I did it for one of the members on here with VCDS. Took me maybe 10-15 mins.
This the feature is called VIM (Video In Motion).

Thanks for that. I was hoping to get this done in the next few days as I have a few long drives with the kids to do and I think it would keep them entertained. If I can't find anyone local to do the recode I will be working in Birmingham on and off in a few weeks time, would you be willing to do this one evening? Thanks again.

Thanks for that. I was hoping to get this done in the next few days as I have a few long drives with the kids to do and I think it would keep them entertained. If I can't find anyone local to do the recode I will be working in Birmingham on and off in a few weeks time, would you be willing to do this one evening? Thanks again.
I live in Northampton and it's a fair old slog to drive up there. If you drive past me I don't mind doing it. Check out VCDS MAP to see who is local to you. Do you live near London as @DJAlix does VCDS coding around there. This is the FB page.

Reactions: DJAlix
I live in Hull. I've had a look at the map but it seems the users near me have been inactive on here for a while.

If I don't get anywhere I'll let you know, it's quite likely I'll be in the Northampton vicinity at some point in the near future.

Cheers for the help.

I think I heard it's not legal to watch videos etc when driving, not sure though, any input?

I'm pretty sure it is illegal to watch videos and drive, I just use it to entertain the kids on longer journeys, if you are easily distracted then it's probably a bad idea.

Its illegal (in the UK), kids or not, to have a video screen displaying moving images (TV/DVD etc.) while the car is moving, if it can be seen by the driver.

Safer to give them an iPad to play with :racer:

It's the fact you've taken the effort to enable it in a country where it''s disabled as standard that puts the onus on you to prove it isn't a distraction to you as the driver. If you'be been pulled over for erratic driving or simply staring at an object on your MMI (insert your own) while not paying attention to who's watching you then QED. Lock 'em up.

However, just having it can be reasonably argued as being no more distracting than other common events while driving. You just need to ensure your driving isn't affected.

The same goes for
Hands free mobile calls where you're getting lows reception or arguing with someone
Passengers not leaving you to concentrate
Looking at passengers when talking to them
Sat Nav's sending you round the wrong bend again
Loud Music (head banging optional but not really getting into it if your eyes remain on the road)
Dogs
Cats?
Food and drink
Not forgetting, the reason we have bigger cars that need entertainment to keep them slightly less distracing - children and teenagers
My personal hate is Bluetooth audio hijacking your sanity. Passengers fighting via Bluetooth playlists is Hell.