1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd player on rns E

SteveS Nov 29, 2007

1. SteveS

SteveS S6 avant

could do with some help in simple english on how i can connect a dvd player with yellow/red/white phonos into my rnse (2004 s4) it does'nt have the tv tuner. ive searched the nav websites and this forum but i just havent a clue what to buy. seems to be a lot of various adaptors & leads but it all seems too complicated. most the adds on ebay are in german and the english ones go on about 'can' and other technical jargon! :keule:

i just want a din size dvd player sat in that space next to the glovebox changer. help - please:crying:

2. s8craig

s8craig Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Kufatec sell a nice little package of DVD player and video input.

www.kufatec.de

3. marms

marms Member

all you need is a multimedia adaptor for the RNS-e.
    Do a search on eBay and you will find them.

The adaptor will have the red/white/yellow sockets that to connect the DVD player to. The adaptor will have a large plug which located in the socket at the back of the RNS-e, and four other wires that require splicing into the RNS-e cables. One for 12v, one for Ground and one each for CAN Hi/Lo.

The adaptor should cost around £100 and should come with full instalation instructions.

4. SteveS

SteveS S6 avant

thanks people. is it a dietz 1417 i need? if so where from & how much? i can get a DIN dvd player on ebay for under £60.

5. marms

marms Member

6. SteveS

SteveS S6 avant

ok, thanks. thats cleared up what i need to do!

7. dentsy

dentsy Loving my new to me allroad

Anyone got English instrucyions how to wire up my Dietz 1417 to my rnse for rear cam and dvd /iPod etc