1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd in rnse

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by quattrov6tdi, Nov 6, 2007.

1. quattrov6tdi

quattrov6tdi Member

hello all

does and one now if this head unit will play dvds or do i need a separate player the unit was made in march of this year

also anyone know what i need for a tv tuner for this unit , partno for cables and tuner would be appreciated

thnks all

ciaran:respekt:

2. wallacr

wallacr Member

Unfortunately, the DVD drive in the RNS-E will only play the map DVD and audio CD's, so unfortunately you would need an external DVD player and some kind of multimedia adaptor, perhaps from www.kufatec.de

Cheers,

Rich

3. wallacr

wallacr Member

Sorry, forgot to answer about the TV Tuner, if you get a TV Tuner, then you could run the DVD player through that too. I don't have the part numbers handy sorry, but I'd recommend getting the digital one, they sell one on www.kufatec.de too.

Cheers,

Rich

4. quattrov6tdi

quattrov6tdi Member

thanks rich
    you dont know if a glove box dvd unit can be got like audi cd player

thank again

ciaran:respekt:

5. wallacr

wallacr Member

No probs.

I think you'd have to go down the after market route, but there are many single din DVD players out there. This is something I'm thinking of doing too, I have the analogue TV Tuner at the moment and was considering a DVD player next to the CD changer in the glovebox, but I think I'll now try and sell the analogue tuner etc and get a digital one and instead of a DVD player, I'll get the HDD Player.

This little bundle looks good to me:

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_...---HDD-Player---IMA-Multimedia-Interface.html

It's on my wish list, along with many other things.

Cheers,

Rich