1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV relocation

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Broken Byzan, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

So anyway, while at GTi inters my AIT went off the charts, so i have deceided to lower the FMIC into the airflow better and make use of the space behind the S4 bumper. As such i need to extend or replace some pipework.

Would it be of benefit to me to move the DV to the cold side by buying a T peice rather than a straight join?

What are the advantages?
    Cheers:thumbsup:
  2. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

not sure of the advantages, but for one its going to mean a much longer pipework run back to the inlet pipe, which probably isnt a good thing?
  3. Lee Goodall

Lee Goodall ..got my head together!

I don't think there will be any advantage relocating the DV?.. Yours is a diverter and not a dump valve (atmospheric) isn't it mate? If so like Aragorn said you'll need a really long section of pipe to run the diverted air back unless you're planning on routing it back to the cold side (after FMIC) too?
  4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yeah Diverter type, thats cool, i was just thinking with having to drop the FMIC it wouldnt have been difficult to put a T in. Some of the A3 guys seem to do it, i wondered if there was an advantage
  5. Lee Goodall

Lee Goodall ..got my head together!

I suppose if you were altering the turbo setup (big turbo etc.) then it'd free up some more space but other than that I can't see a benefit.. I may be wrong though.