DV noise after fitting Catch Tank

rhubarb4

Certified Audi nutter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, fitted my Catch Tank last night and took it out for a drive, has anyone else noticed how loud the DV valve is or is it just mine. I have a forge 007p with standard smoothed air-box and filter but now I hear the sucking and then the wooosh so much louder than before is this normal

Thanks, Chris.

Worth checking that you have not inadvertantly had the DV come loose and pop out of the hose it plugs into, mine did and it was a lot loiuder than noormal. Easy fix if it is.

I have a couple of new hoses to replace the one to the DV so il check that tomorrow thanks dude, also to note there doesn't seem to be any performance loss more of a gain to be fair since loosing the PCV system.

Hi, fitted my Catch Tank last night and took it out for a drive, has anyone else noticed how loud the DV valve is or is it just mine. I have a forge 007p with standard smoothed air-box and filter but now I hear the sucking and then the wooosh so much louder than before is this normal

Thanks, Chris.

What sucking noise do you mean?

I've never heard any sucking noises from the DV but if the dump (pssst) is louder isn't that a good thing :)

The DV has nothing to do with the catch tank so have a look and make sure you haven't yanked anything loose!

Are you venting the catch can to atmosphere if so make sure you blocked off the old inlet to the TIP ;-)

Are you venting the catch can to atmosphere if so make sure you blocked off the old inlet to the TIP ;-)

Lol yep I realised last nite when I looked back at Westys pictures as i've also vented to atmosphere, the sucking was the tip it sounded really good as well haha. Oh well have to wait for my B5 tip for the noise to come back lol.

Cheers, Chris.