1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV/Intake making more noise

waring192 Jul 21, 2010

1. waring192

waring192 Member

Dont know if its a leak or something but just driving home tonight I noticed the wawawa sound lower down at 3K when lifting off. Never had this before, it normally comes in at around 4-5K under full load but this lasted longer and didnt sound the same. Managed to replicate it quite easy and this morning it wasn't happening!

Any ideas?

2. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

I have noticed that the noises from mine vary quite a lot depending on the air temperature :shrug:

3. waring192

waring192 Member

Never had it before though. No fault codes and couldnt see any change in performance, but I didnt want to hammer it. Is there a link showing how to check the DV?

4. Staz

Check it physically or via VCDS?

5. waring192

waring192 Member

Was thinking physically. Just been out again and its definitely a change, like a flutter and can happen as soon as the hear the boost coming in. Im 99% sure I have never heard it before!

Still pulls fine, going to pop the map off and see if its still there or not.

6. Staz

Well there are a few of us that have a flutter noise at around 4500 but so far there haven't been any negative effects from it. Mine has done it since I put Bluefin on, 29k miles ago.

Taking the DV off is very easy BTW, just a few torx screws and an electrical connector.

7. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

totally agree with this... Air intkes especially... when my engines cold i also get a lot of noise from the intake just reversing off my drive etc...

8. akash_sky1

akash_sky1 Active Member

then noise mine makes also varies depends on the temperature- a lot mroe flutter when its cold, and sometimes a weird buzzing from where its attatched to the came cover, just need to make sure thats tightened.
    These have been quietened down abit though by my heat wrapping.