1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dv hot and cold side

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by zeeeebo, Aug 18, 2009.

1. zeeeebo

zeeeebo Lifes one big laugh

i have a hotside dv at the mo but am possibly looking at getting a new boost pipe onto the throttle body with the built in dv output.

so the question it can you have 2 dump valves one on hotside and one on cold side? or do you have to block one off with a blanking plug?

also does anyone know where i can get a nice blue pipe with dv hole for less than 135quid?

nathan

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow...
    Staff Member Moderator

3. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Honestly i wouldnt bother, it does nothing apart from stop the DV sticking if you have the forge 1 or prolonge the life if you have the bosch one.

4. zeeeebo

i have 2 dump valves at the mo. do you just blank it otherwise?
    i searched for ages and couldnt find anything like that! thanks so much! do you think that kit will fit my 1.8t 150bhp?

5. <tuffty/>

Staff Member Moderator

6. zeeeebo

na i got 2 baileys ones as i got 2 for some reason! i have only one fitted

7. <tuffty/>

Staff Member Moderator

Just fit the one... no telling what problems you may have attempting to fit more than that... flog the other on ebay to go towards the cold side kit :)

<tuffty/>

8. zeeeebo

i have done=) both of mine are atomospheric dumpvalves, are there any pros and cons for fitting one cold side?

9. <tuffty/>

Staff Member Moderator

Plenty of discussion over 'atmospheric' dump valves on here but VAG designed the engine to use a 'recirculation' type dump valve as the air is metered through the MAF, using 'atmos' variants tends to end up throwing fault codes and at worse put the car into limp mode.

Cold side is another topic of discussion tbh... in principle its a good idea to keep stuff away from heat which it does but in practice, the benefits are less obvious.

Its a case of do it if you want to but don't expect much out of it and only use ONE recirculation type valve such as the Forge 007P (http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=010101&product=FMCL007P)

<tuffty/>

10. zeeeebo

i have been doing research and at the moment i have a dumpvalve fitted hot side, everyone is saying an atmospheric one reduces power and causes air intake problems etc, i havent had any yet and it doesnt make it go into limp mode!

11. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

You must be the exception to the rule then matey. Forge themselves have spent loads on research to overcome this, and the best they could do was the splitter valve.

The only benefit of moving the dv is for lifespan to remove it from the hot side to reduce the amount of heat radiated into it from the turbo etc