DV coldside relocation?

dultanur

all promises, no action :)
Reaction score
hi guys.

anyone done this? i've searched the forum but couldn't find any topics on it. i've heard some good stuff about this from TT owners, not too expensive so might give it a try.

any comments?
thanks

Some say the heat makes the DV work quicker when it's in its standard place, and some say the DV is more reliable in a cooler area. I think it's a 50/50 thing that's expensive at £100 for a re-locator kit from Forge.

but i heard that the main benefit that the "dumped" air is cold (as in taken from after the intercooler) where in the standard config. the air is taken after the turbo before it goes through the intercooler. so with this kit fitted, the intake temps should be lowered a bit, providing a bit more power...

sounds logical, but so did the intake manifold gasket, and glenn found out that it was worth nada...

Tried it, did nothing, sold it.

Guy that bought it said his car ran funny with it so he ditched it too.

My verdict? Total waste of money :)

Booth_S3 said:
so if you could get on on flebay for less than half RRO you still wouldnt bother?

Me? No. Why cut your intercooler hose to fit something that does nothing? All that extra hosing is just adding extra potential for boost/vac leaks.

Got to admit, its something I will be doing in the very near future. I went a slightly different route to the Forge way. SFS do an upper intercooler hose with a 90° take-off built in. No boost leaks and no need to cut your hoses. Similar to the one below, except in black.

[URL="http://images20.fotki.com/v220/photos/4/435091/2750321/044RightICOEMvsSFS-vi.jpg?"][/URL]

Really not expecting any performance advantages, just a little engine bay clean-up. I'll get some pics up once its all done.

On very high boost applications (very high heat too!) I found it was more reliable. It saved my DV from sticking so much by keeping it cooler...

Didn't notice any performance gain though...but purely from the maintenance point of view it was worth it on my car.