DV cold relocation ideas.

Westy

Reaction score
Ever since fitting my XS mani I've noticed that the DV piston can get quite dry and stick sometimes. I've been opening the DV and applying fresh grease too it once a month to keep it nice and smooth.

I was thinking about relocating the DV to the cold side of the FMIC after the map sensor, which is the common place, but I'm worried about the WMI! Will the WMI spay end up interfering with the DV? I've taken that hose off the TB before and there has been a light mist of fluid around the TB so i'm sure it'll work it's way into the DV.

Is anyone running WMI with the DV on the cold side? Do you get any issues? Are there any other DV locations that would be better then the nasty hot area behind the head?

I don't know about the topic in question, but what is WMI? lol

I don't know about the topic in question, but what is WMI? lol
water methanol injection. makes it go faster, which is VERY NIIIIICE.

i see there is plenty of constructive replies as per. this forum seems very quiet lately.
westy, i think the wmi would most likely eat away the grease in the DV, defeating the object of moving it in the first place.
but maybe you should try it. then if you find your dv is playing up and having to re-grease it, sell the relocation kit on to someone without wmi who wot have that problem.

Mines after the WMi nozzle and can't particularly say wether it's effected the dv as I've had other issues with it, but I do think it does dry it out a bit as it seems to get sluggish after time but in fairness the supersize one has always seemed to not be anywhere near as responsive as the 007

I haven't had to keep periodically keep greasing it as have done it 2 or 3 times in the last year but that was due to changing springs etc trying to sort other issue and thought it'll be rude not to when had it apart ;)

Id say it would be fine as long as you used a high quality grease.

Best thing i did moving the dv, like you said my old 007 used to need re-greasing every other month as itd start to stick. Id make your own cheap dv reloaction kit and run it for a month then access the dv etc.

Is there any other locations that the DV could be installed. I'm not sure whether the issue is the warm air going through the DV or just the sheer under bonnet heat at the rear of the bay. My anodised black 007P is fading from the heat!

Drivers headlight area, before the WMI..

WMI is in the hard pipe directly after the FMIC so no way of getting it in before that:

07f53142.jpg

Don't want to re-locate to before the FMIC as the hose back to the TIP will be a joke. Suppose I'll just leave it as it is.

I think itd still be better before the tb, itd be alot of messing trying todo it from the drivers side!