1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dv cold air intake

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_fingermouse, Jul 18, 2005.

1. imported_fingermouse

imported_fingermouse Guest

2. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

I;ve done this on my A3 and it makes a subtle difference. I'd say its worth it for the logic behind it if nothing else. The DV does get V hot and dumping back in cool air as opposed to hot air has to be an advantage!

Rich
  3. PaulRS3

PaulRS3 Active Member

logic is there, but it looks messy and dead give away at the dealers.

hostile as the temps maybe, id rather just service mine every 6 ,months or sooner.
  4. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    logic is there, but it looks messy and dead give away at the dealers.

hostile as the temps maybe, id rather just service mine every 6 ,months or sooner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends if dealer is a concern or not... And i was meaning that dumping cold air into the intake must be better than hot air. Depends what you mean by messy as on the S3/TT especially, its actually quite tidy, especially if you take time fitting it. and making it tidy.

RIch
  5. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

I have it on mine, makes the DV easier to access amongst other things... As for power / performace / reliability - unlikley, but as with so much in modifications the gains are seldom there.