1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dust/pollen on the body work

IceHanger Apr 1, 2012

1. IceHanger

IceHanger Active Member VCDS Map User

Right guys what the best way to get rid of dust and pollen off the bodywork without having to spend hours re cleaning.
    ......or is it a case of re wash and dry?

It's a pain casue both cars are gleaming with a nice layer of dust on top and I dont want to "dust" the car lol
    Cheers.

2. s3joe

s3joe Active Member

Wash with snow foam mate and dry.

3. drmole

drmole Well-Known Member

yup feel ur pain 10min after cleaning it has a nice layer of dust re wash is best and safest way

4. _G_

_G_ Active Member

i don't know if anyone can validate this or tell me to stfu...
    i use a duster.. you know that pledge/flash plastic handle one with the replaceable duster/microfibre...
    i get through a few of them refill things for the whole car (a3) and it works... im careful not to scratch it use it harshly... and then i finish off with spray detailer and microfibre cloth. ive only done this a few times when there was a hosepipe ban.. and i managed to get away with using spray detailer for weeks thereafter.

once i also had a vac with a reverse function and used it as a blower.. with a can of air duster for the niggly bits... this was good for blowing pollen off but not for dust... as i feared it could push dust against the paint and cause minor scratches etc.