Dust in the dials....

T0m

Reaction score
....guys I have noticed some dust behind the glass on my dials, I was wondering is it something I just live with or is it something that is not hard to get out and remove?

i have this too looks like a pig to strip down and clean id love to no how it got there though lol

It's OK to take apart. Steering wheel down and forward. Take off the trim above the steering wheel. In there are 2 T20 bolts, unscrew them. Get behind the unit (take fuse cover off on the right) and push it out. Rotate the cluster so it's pointing up to the roof so you can get behind and take the 2 wiring harnesses out. Take the whole thing out of the car and there are 4 silver(?) screws to take out the back. Then the front unclips from the back. Then you may need to unclip (white clips) another bit to get to the inside of the dials.

Be very carefull,,, if you knock the speedo-dial even slightly it won't work properly and will shuddder through trying to read the speeds,,
read about this on audizine and decided not to risk it and the immobiliser is built into the instrument cluster..

Be very carefull,,, if you knock the speedo-dial even slightly it won't work properly and will shuddder through trying to read the speeds,,
read about this on audizine and decided not to risk it and the immobiliser is built into the instrument cluster..

Really ? When I completely stripped my cluster down to replace the LCD I had to pull off the needles and mine works fine. Look in stickies on here and you will see pictures.

Nervous ? First time ? No, been nervous lots of times ....... Heeeeee