Dunlop

GlasgowRangers

Reaction score
I am looking to put Dunlop SP 9000 Series tyres on my A3 sized 225/40 R18.
Does anybody have any experience with these? I ran a search on the net and they cam pu with favourable reviews but I want to know what the A3 community think. Would you put them on your car?

Conti Sport Contact 3s are much better than my previous Pirelli P0 Rossos, but that's all the experience I can share.....

I have just fitted 4* 235/40/18 95Y Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric. They're still a bit too new to comment on, but I expect them to be better than the OE 5h!tellis.

I have the Sport 9000's on my 335D, and they work really well on it

Dunlops last forever as they provide absolutely no grip. Think they have a teflon coating, great on a frying pan not so good on a tyre. I had them on a company Golf GTi and the rears lasted 68k miles, and I could wheel spin on a dry road in 3rd (and that was a crappy Mk3 GTi, 0-60 10.3secs, so it certainly wasn't the power). The lease company changed them for Fulda's and it completely transformed the car. F1's provide a really good balance of grip and wear.

I personally wouldn't go for the Dunlops they are rubbish in the wet on my car.

F1s are the best tyres I've used on my A3, they may not last as long as the Pilots I had before, but the wet weathergrip is way better and the dry grip is at least as good. Cheaper than the Michelins too at £75 per corner.

there are loads of reviews of this tyre on the net, you will not find a better tyre for the money. £61

i have had them on for about 6 months now and they grip very well in the wet or dry ,very predictable and no side wall flex.