1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dump Valve??

weemarky Feb 17, 2004

1. weemarky

weemarky New Member

Dont laugh but i love that dump valve noise is this possible with the S3?? Does it help things? performance?

Thanks

Marky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. Ryanc

Ryanc Active Member

Yes it is possible,you may get it with just a filter change,although make sure your induction kit has a built in return from the standard dump valve.Otherwise your looking at a non-standard re-circulating dump valve(don't get a blow to atmos as it's dangerous with a afm)which may be louder than standard.regards Ryan

3. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi RS3

Have a look at AM Tuning for their GFB Hybrid blow-off valve.

[ QUOTE ]
    GO FAST BITS Hybrid blow-off valves overcome the problem by venting most of the non-required intake pressure into the atmosphere, while a small portion is vented back to the turbo and airflow meter-enough to stop problems such as excessive fuel use, backfiring and engine shudder at half acceleration (experienced with purely venting-to-atmosphere valves).

[/ QUOTE ]

$309.00 Australian dollars + £13.00 postage to UK, which I think works out about £140 approx.

I haven't tried it and don't know anyone that has either.

4. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

Take a look at this post which talks about the basics.

5. simondavidr

simondavidr Member

I have a Bailey Atmospheric Dump Valve on a '98 T Sport with 141,000 miles on the clock and have experienced no problems since fitting the new dump valve and it sounds the nuts - get one ordered and fit it - its so addictive you can frighten old ladies :>

6. I also have a bailey atmospheric DV, also no problems, but you may lose a few bhp.

7. Grant

[ QUOTE ]
    Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
    I also have a bailey atmospheric DV, also no problems, but you may lose a few bhp.

[/ QUOTE ]
    The age old DV debate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

AmD reckon that by fitting an atmospheric DV you lose approximately 7bhp.

All depends what you are into... power vs scaring old ladies! I know I ain't no OAP scarer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Having your car chipped to get more power then fitting an atmospheric DV which loses 7bhp really doesn't make sense to me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

8. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Wee Marky said:
    Dont laugh but i love that dump valve noise is this possible with the S3?? Does it help things? performance?

Thanks

Marky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A atmospheric DV will not do anything apart from loose performance and sound silly, cos its just far too loud.

I (aswell as quite a few other people on here) have a recirculationg DV, and a Carbon Cold Air Intake (CAI). This improves airflow into the engine, and also makes a nice noise... Not loud, but it does make the DV audible, and makes a nice deep growl (again not at all loud) under Wide open throttle. We sell them for £144+vat, but will be a few £ more expensive if you need a crankcase breather. Drop me an email if you are interested!

Cheers

Rich - aka 'Advertising Post Whore' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

9. Grant

[ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:

[/ QUOTE ]
    Self-confessed 'Advertising Post Whore' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

10. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

11. RichA3Turbo

[ QUOTE ]
    Imola S3 said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:

[/ QUOTE ]
    Self-confessed 'Advertising Post Whore' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Well not totally self confessed...

Here

12. simondavidr

simondavidr Member

Depends how old you are!!?? If your a young whipper snapper with a smart A3 then fair play let everybody know you can afford a turbo - if on the other hand - your an old giffer then every ounce of performance is vital for collecting the pension so get a re-circulating dump valve - i have to say if you have a chipped S3 7bhp isn't exactly a noticeable difference is it??!!

Si

13. RichA3Turbo

[ QUOTE ]
    BIGT said:
    Depends how old you are!!?? If your a young whipper snapper with a smart A3 then fair play let everybody know you can afford a turbo - if on the other hand - your an old giffer then every ounce of performance is vital for collecting the pension so get a re-circulating dump valve - i have to say if you have a chipped S3 7bhp isn't exactly a noticeable difference is it??!!

Si

[/ QUOTE ]

The 7bhp may not be, but the increased lag will be.

Rich

14. weemarky

weemarky New Member

Thanks for your replies!!

Mark