1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dump valve ?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by AAR4N, Feb 25, 2014.

1. AAR4N

AAR4N Member

I know some people on here dont like dump valves but its one thing I have always wanted and would like to know if this bailey dv would fit my 07 s3 and not harm anything.
    [​IMG]

thanks.
  2. RAFC_1990

RAFC_1990 Member

Speaking of dump valves, mine gives off a little dump valve noise as standard, is this normal? ha
  3. nil538

nil538 Member

No mate it won't fit it's the wrong type of dv if you go on eBay and put in forge s3 tfsi dv your see the type you need
  4. Westy

Westy Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Can the 2.0 TFSI run a dump valve without throwing a code and running poorly? The stock valve is a diverter valve so it puts the dumped air back into the boost circuit instead of dumping it to atmosphere. Normally dump valves just cause poor performance on these engines.
  5. JJ.Foulds

JJ.Foulds Well-Known Member

you dont need a dumpvalve if you have a remap and an induction kit, the noise is loud enough already! :p
  6. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Regional Rep Site Sponsor

Yeah alot of guys up here run the 2.0TFSi with a dump valve. Recirc valve out and dump valve in.....personally I wouldn't as if you wanna run the new GFB DV+ valve you have to have the orginal electronic top half that the DV+ slots into. Far better in my eyes.
  7. AAR4N

AAR4N Member

Ok cheers for the advice. It makes a noise already when I let off the throttle. Just wanted something a bit louder. I am new to audi so am still learning all the different engines and mods ect.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  8. mjr901

mjr901 S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Personally the best bet is to run the latest forge version in recirc mode. You still get the blow off noise and it still recircs. So win win.

Been running it for quite a while now and it's A1.
  9. AAR4N

AAR4N Member

Yeah av just priced one up mate. £330 for a forge 007/008 and a boost gauge fitted.
    Cheers again guys.
  10. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

Yes,you can.

The S3 has both a MAF sensor,measuring air mass,and a MAP sensor,measuring manifold air pressure.

If the MAF is either not functioning,or giving incorrect figures(as it will if you remove the diverter valve) then it will default to the MAP sensor.
    Not ideal,for the sake of some noise.