1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dump valve help.

stapo69 May 24, 2007

1. stapo69

stapo69 All hail the mighty quattro!

Lookin at replacing my diverter valves as matter of course (along with MAF, usual turbo killers) now are new standard ones gonna be ok? Looking at a remap in the near future but can't really afford forge or bailey ones.

Also looking on vagparts, S4 valves are £25, however I thought the Bosch 710n from the S3 was supposed to be better, although these are only £15. So which one?

2. shineydave

shineydave Member

710N's everytime. they have stronger springs and diaphragms, that's what i have fitted.

have you changed the throttle body boot and "F" pipe yet, they're also turbo killers

3. johnyj

johnyj Member

just put a 710n on my 18ts and seems ok mine was on the bottom of the car also the original thin pipe was to small to go onto the nipple of the 710n so bought larger one and replaced it.
    is it worth re placing the dv somewhere else in the engine to recurc cold air??

4. stapo69

I'll have a look into the throttle body boot, a little help with the F pipe though. Where and what?

5. shineydave

shineydave Member

it's under the central engine cover. if you stand at the front of the car with the cover off and look at the diverter valve that's on your left (drivers side of the car) you'll see it, it's just behind the diverter. easiest thing is to do a search on RS246 for F pipe, there's loads of pics and info on it. it usually splits between the fork of the "F" part.

6. stapo69

Cheers, I'll have a look.

7. stapo69

Well just had a look under the bonnet, 2 nice big splits in the throttle body boot, new one of those then! Can't see the state of the f-pipe too well but may as well replace it while the rest of its off anyway, can't be too expensive. 2 new 710N's too me thinks, and a new MAF sensor. Should make it run a bit sweeter.

8. sitrials

sitrials Member

you wont catch me till you get that slug you call a car remapped though :jester::moa::p:kissmyrings:

9. stapo69

You just wait young man! I'll have you! Don't you worry about that. Cos some of us have a proper cars, not some girls little toy! I don't need a remap, just need it running properly, half power should do me thinks.

:moa: