1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumb person of the day.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jojo, Oct 5, 2007.

1. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

I've just had this bizaar moment of madness! Whilst minding my own business, surfing the web as I do, a customer just had a moan at me about a mistake on my menu, pointed out by his 12(I'm guessing here) year old daughter no less.

Now does anyone spot the mistake in the above?
    Apparently, the bit where it says 12.30am is wrong....
    He started off by telling me that looking at the menu, i'll be open til 12.30 in the morning. To which I responded 'Yes, we are open til late sir', he's looking lost now....
    Now he says 'it should be 0030', to which I pointed out, "it's not a 24hr clock on my menu sir!", he wasn't backing down though lol, I told him as politely as I could that there was no mistake, but noooo, he wasn't taking any of it! So in the end, I swallowed my pride and said 'whatever, you are correct', this is where he smiles, as he got his way, and didn't disappoint his daughter.
    Made me feel odd for the next 5 minutes though....:tocktock:

/rant over
  2. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

make sure his meat is extra tender by pre-chewing it
  3. jojo

Customer is always right mate! :keule:
  4. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I know.......its a bitch that rule
  5. Bula_82

Bula_82 Self Confessed Nightmare!

you are correct....

although i find it unusual that most people do use the 24hr clock and you havent, for the format you've used, there is nothing wrong.

i'd personally put 00.30hrs, but its the same as 12.30am!!!

you should have used the internet to proove him wrong.... the customers always right, till prooved wrong ;)
  6. Randomjim

Randomjim Active Member

Why did he care :think:
  7. jojo

Thank you, the times on the menu are almost prehistoric, I think they we're made up about 30 years ago by my Dad when he was incharge! If I was to change the 12.30am to 00.30hrs, that means 5PM would have to be 17.00hrs... I don't think that's necessary because of one customer out of thousands in the last 30 years of business! lol
    I'd like to have proved him wrong with my internet connection, but that's my own laptop I take to work and use, and not keen on any of my 'customers' knowing I have... the world isn't as safe as it use to be!
  8. Bula_82

Bula_82 Self Confessed Nightmare!

lol, i did wonder this myself, but i suppose he wanted to make his kid look like she was really clever.

ah, didnt know if it was new menu's etc, and seeing as he was wrong it wouldn't matter if you keep them as they are!

oh, and you've a point about the world being a dangerous place.
  9. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Lol.
  10. unkle

unkle Beer God

Haha! I once worked in Retail so you have my sympathies, Joe Public are a bunch of orrible uncts arent they!

Got any Chinese cooking tips? Like how do you make Sweet+Sour sauce (If you dont mind?)

Mine always turn out *****, anything Italian however and Im the Daddy.
  11. tjm69

tjm69 Member

i'd have told him "if you want to use zero hundred hours, join the feckin army"
    some folk would moan for the fun of it.
  12. Nickynibbles

Nickynibbles Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Having spent 7yrs in a mix of bar/restaurant & retail management I soon developed the motto "The customer is never right, they just think they are" What makes me laugh is that many many many people work in some sort of job where they provide a service to people, and I bet many of them moan like anything, yet they probably moan their customers are a-holes too!!

Bottom line here, who cares what the sign says, if he dosent come back because your sign is wrong then he's the tosser!!
  13. jojo

We make the stuff in buckets mate, main ingredients is Vinegar, sugar, ketchup, worcester sauce(lea & perrins brand) and colouring, can't comment on how much of each, the chef deals with that, I just taste and eat it. ;)
  14. Rocko

Rocko A5 TSFI

I will leave you with the story I heard from a friend recently.

He lent his cousins girlfriend his MR2 for the day (why I dont know) but she took it shopping. Realising there wasnt much space in the car, she popped out the space saver, left it at the side of the road, filled the car up with shopping bags and drove off.

Surprisingly he hasnt killed her.
  15. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Very good.