Dull

Just Plain Old

Reaction score
AS this appears to be the busiest part of the forum, I thought I would reiterate my suggestion that I put in the correct area of the Forum, unfortunately it's a bit like the marie celest in there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think there are too many sections in this forum as a whole, and therefore the whole forum lacks any real 'life' and vitality, thus it is 'dull' !

It would be much better to combine all the Audi sections into one and thus add a bit of LIFE to the place.

In fact I'm gonna make it a poll! <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1089396847Just Plain Old">

Should we merge all the Audi car forums into one?
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />YES, that's just what the site needs to give it a kick up the ****!
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />NO, I'm a boring fart and like things as they are.
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

maybe not combine them all but certainly it needs a kick up the ****

[ QUOTE ]
MingBlueMagic said:
I'm happy enough that all the action is here as I've got an S3.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeh, it's OK for you lot. BUT, it could be a lot better still (If you had an S4)! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Just Plain Old said:
[ QUOTE ]
MingBlueMagic said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, it's OK for you lot. BUT, it could be a lot better still (If you had an S4)! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

RS4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
recomdos said:
[ QUOTE ]
Just Plain Old said:
[ QUOTE ]
MingBlueMagic said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

RS4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif Looks like the boring farts have taken an early lead! boring bastids....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yups, don't put every discussion to same forum, people won't find what they're searching for. At least A3 section should be left alone.

- Yak

Leave it as it is!
They've not merged the entire contents of the yellow pages for a very good reason as you'd never find what you're looking for.

Maybe if the contributions were a bit more intelligent it wouldn't need a kick up the ****.
I vote for a new section called "Stupid Ideas" then they wouldn't clutter up the rest of the forum.

[ QUOTE ]
Just Plain Old said:
[ QUOTE ]
MingBlueMagic said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have and it's ok as is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
Maybe if the contributions were a bit more intelligent it wouldn't need a kick up the ****.
I vote for a new section called "Stupid Ideas" then they wouldn't clutter up the rest of the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a good idea, it's called general chat at the moment,which should be fun and vibrant, but again is lacking a certain 'something'...........

[ QUOTE ]
excursion said:
Yes this BB is very serious. I find it quite heavy going, but the information is there which is the main thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure the info is important, but is it the 'main' thing? Surely this is a 'community' of Audi owners, and a community should have a bit of life! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The fact that the A3/S3 forum is active is good reason to leave it alone, it is active because it is populated with like minded people. If forums were merged this would be diluted and there is a possibilty that the number of posts could decrease.

if it ain't broke, don't try to blah blah blah.

leave it alone! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Well, democracy has spoken, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif and as usual it 'sucks'..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Obviously I happy about the state of the a3/s3 section. It works well. Also the a4 and tt section seem to move okay.

As for the other sections, is it down to lack of avertising for the site or simply that less people own these cars?

If the sections were joined, you would see most of the a3/s3 topics and the other cars subject may dissapear off the first page very quickly. Then people would get bored searching for their vehicles subjects in the one section.
You would then see a call for the a3/s3 to be separated etc.

I do beleive that the VW sections should be compressed into one "Other VAG cars" section as these hardly get any interst at all and there are many other VW only forums.

Hope that makes sense.

If you put the typical owners into generalised brackets its the younger guys who drive the A3/S3. And these are guys who've had the net as a tool for most of their working careers so know it well.

Then the A4 guys are a bit older, bit less IT freindly so there are a few less users. Also to be able to afford and choose a RS4 the might have families taking up their spare time.

A6 drivers are gettin into the 30's/40's management bracket now. Don't have time for muckin about online. too busy earning £100k + to afford their RS6.

And you can then extrapolate that again for the rest of A8 types.

Combine some of them, as there are a lot of different forums, but I like to be able to check to see what's going on with my car, without wading through all the other models.

To conclude, i think a bit of change would be good.

[ QUOTE ]
Robthehungrymonkey said:
Combine some of them, as there are a lot of different forums, but I like to be able to check to see what's going on with my car, without wading through all the other models.

To conclude, i think a bit of change would be good.

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
totally agree

cheers tony

OK, so maybe You all took me a bit to literally!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

How about 4 Car forums, i.e.

All models A3 series
All models A4 Series
All models TT Series
All other models

Seems like the perfect solution. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

you're just talking about cars (medels etc) not ICE, tuning etc?

I notice that many other posts on other sections on this site don't get a very good response or any at all. Most of the questions you see could quite easily be answered by us in the A3/s3 forum. It seems unfair that the best advice comes only from the A3/S3 forum, for example the A2 forum, the guy in there posted today the crash test footage. good for all of us to see, he contributed to our S3 forum and no-one has taken a lookin on his posts in the A2 section.

Does anyone see my point?

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
A2 owners wouldn't expect a fast response

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

I still can't believe the voting ................. this poll's been 'rigged'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Look , all you need is 4 CAR Forums, as above. Keep all the technical, meets, etc as it is, 1 General chat, 1 suggestions/comments and thats it!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif