1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dull yellow warning light on dashbord A3 tdi 170 with ignition off

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Alva78, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Alva78

Alva78 Member

Just noticed the power steering warning light flickering on a very dull yellow on my A3 2009 tdi with the ignition off.Any ideas?.The power steering seems ok and the red light goes off post ignition start.
  2. garethrees

garethrees New Member

3. gilbah

gilbah New Member

Hi chaps. A bit more input on this. Been bricking it for a couple of days since I noticed the exact same fault on my 2009 S3. Relieved to find this thread and a bit of reassurance / half-ars*d response from Audi that it's "not a fault". I had started thinking it would end up being mega bucks for a new steering rack, so thanks for the thread!
  4. garethrees

garethrees New Member

gilbah, I still have the same problem and still no issues. Hope this helps.
  5. Lewbo

Lewbo Well-Known Member

What about if you disabled the light sensor on the speedo via vcds and see if that helps? As this is used to brighten and dull the clocks so disabling it may take the light out?
  6. gilbah

gilbah New Member

It's going into Audi Swindon next week for something else, so I'll mention this and see if I get any new info or a solution. Not keen on disabling the sensor, as it might make other lights harder to see, but I'll see what they think.

If OP has had it on for nearly a year and half with no probs, then I guess it's more of an annoyance than a problem.

Moved to the S3 from a Clio last August - before that, 9 years with no problems other than wear and tear - so much for the rock-solid Germany engineering! Takes me back to the days I owned a 5 Turbo - thought my days of shoddy electrics were over!