duff battery or was it ???

Colin Anderton3

Reaction score
I recentlyposted a thread about battery on my avant going flat over night and at first thought it was a duff battery until a neighbour knocked on my door and said my lights were on and it turned out to be a dodgy brake light switch replaced the switch and all is now ok, but there is a procedure when fitting the new switch it has been posted on how to do. Just thought I would let everone know.
Must mention fitted s/line door blades after painting and they look the job cheers all from Colin

Great find Colin. I also had my battery go completely dead overnight once and thought it was possibly the brake lights as there was just no other explanation but was never sure as the fault didn't recur.

I will have to replace my brake switch for peace of mind.

It would probably be worth us both checking the seal under the Ecu box (between scuttle and cabin) to make sure no water is getting in and corroding things in the brake pedal area...

Great find Colin. I also had my battery go completely dead overnight once and thought it was possibly the brake lights as there was just no other explanation but was never sure as the fault didn't recur.

I will have to replace my brake switch for peace of mind.

It would probably be worth us both checking the seal under the Ecu box (between scuttle and cabin) to make sure no water is getting in and corroding things in the brake pedal area...
hello and it did turn out to be the brake light switch, be careful when setting it tho when fitting as you only get one chance to set the switch there are guides on the net and utube on how to do it, and yes the scuttle under the battery does get blocked with leafs as mine did and after unblocking and letting the water out, I do clean it on a regular basis especially in winter with the falling leafs, cheers from Colin

Reactions: Northampton_ofn
it is not often you get scuttled by a spelling mistake lol !!
my avant reached it 100 thou miles last week and it still runs as sweet as nut do I want to change it none what so ever getting the rear bumper sprayed next Moday as I made a **** of it, so I say leave it to the profs lol

still looking for the chrome strip for the boot as mine is knackered