1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

duel mass flywheel

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by ian got ripped, Sep 27, 2011.

1. ian got ripped

ian got ripped New Member

hey guy s , does anyone know where i can get a duel mass fly wheel and clutch from cheaper than 846£ as i have been quoted also what damage would the turbo oil feed pipe do to a new turbo if it was p*ssing oil out for six weeks and not noticed it til then. thank s for any advice :)
  2. [Dave B]

[Dave B] Rrrrrrrr-tech

Firstly, it's 'Dual'. Secondly, that price isn't 'too' extortionate for a garage, I paid about £750 recently for the flywheel, clutch, fluid, cylinder and labour. If you're not handy with a spanner then you might just need to swallow the cost.

Regarding the oil feed pipe problem, I've no idea, but it probably hasn't helped things.
  3. ian got ripped

my spelling sucks :( thanks for your reply , think iwill just have swallow the cost .
  4. camscockle20vT

camscockle20vT The stigs ugly brother

H i dude, what car have you got? A3/S3? If A3 go for the solid flywheel nd clutch conversion as its cheaper than the dual mass alone. If S3 gutted lol.
  5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

If that's a fitted price then that's not too bad... genuine LuK parts (same as OEM parts) cost around £400 from GSF and is best part of a days work to swap... I would also get the slave cylinder done too which is another 25 quid or so...

If its the oil drain then you should be ok as long as you haven't ragged the car too much... get it done though..

<tuffty/>
  6. ian got ripped

S3 an gutted lol.
  7. camscockle20vT

camscockle20vT The stigs ugly brother

Ooops lol there a pig, good luck dude, where abouts you from? Could you not get a quote from some other garages.
  8. egesford

egesford Member

i just had a clutch and flywheel kit fitted for under £450. shop around mate dont go to an audi garage they will rip u off 9 times out of 10, also its easier to replace it with a solid mass flywheel to prevent future problems, and save many monies