dual nozzle wmi

daz-20vt

Reaction score
hmmm
bill seemed keen on the idea for my set up
though over 450bhp would be nice

only worth it when you get above 450 bhp i think and 35+psi or 700bhp at 10psi

Worked well on a couple of K04 hybrid cars Bill has had on the dyno... one nozzle post intercooler for IAT control and the other in a throttle plate to boost octane, keep cylinder temps down and help knock control... run smaller nozzles I believe to make the best of it all

<tuftfy/>

Reactions: S3Alex
It's quite supprising how small nozzles needed to run with our cars

Been speaking to a few people about it recently and the amount needed isn't actually that relative to power its main factors are cc, rpm and psi of boost

I've got 5 x D01, 1 x D02, 1 x D03 and a D04 nozzle all coming from the USA to play with as some did reconmend slightly different levels. But general consensus was 4 of the smallest possible in the ports followed by a pretty small on post intercooler.

Reactions: g60leigh and superkarl
so have i got a correct list of bits guys?
my main nozzle will be a d03 in an alloy pipe between cooler and TB.
dual nozzle after TB will be a d01 which i believe to be the smallest available???

Reactions: badger5
I ground back a load of the metal where the spray was hitting but looking back i think a better way to do it would be to countersink it so the nozzle sits deeper if that makes sense.

I'm curious, is there really much difference in fitting a larger nozzle post IC or fitting two smaller nozzles, one post IC and one post TB, especially if there only like 6-8" apart?

Steve

Just found this video out -

This highlights the main problem with throttle plate adaptors for WMI... the nozzle doesn't sit low enough so the spray pattern catches the edges of the hole its in and blobs up... much like those stupid silicon adaptor bosses...

<tuffty/>

My
This highlights the main problem with throttle plate adaptors for WMI... the nozzle doesn't sit low enough so the spray pattern catches the edges of the hole its in and blobs up... much like those stupid silicon adaptor bosses...

<tuffty/>
The nozzle in my silicone boss sits quite far back but its supposed to be a revised one from DO so its not supposed to do this, not checked it though lol.

I'm curious, is there really much difference in fitting a larger nozzle post IC or fitting two smaller nozzles, one post IC and one post TB, especially if there only like 6-8" apart?

Steve

The meth mix injected post FMIC should more or less be evaporated by the time it reaches the inlet... this is why its good at managing IAT's... with a nozzle closer to the mani then the increase octane of meth plays a larger part as more gets carried into the cylinders at that point...

<tuffty/>

<tuffty/>[/QUOTE
The meth mix injected post FMIC should more or less be evaporated by the time it reaches the inlet... this is why its good at managing IAT's... with a nozzle closer to the mani then the increase octane of meth plays a larger part as more gets carried into the cylinders at that point...

<tuffty/>
[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see, I didn't realise it evaporated so quickly. When you say post IC, how far do you mean pre TB?
Thanks dude

Steve

<tuffty/>[/QUOTE

Ah, I see, I didn't realise it evaporated so quickly. When you say post IC, how far do you mean pre TB?
Thanks dude

Steve[/QUOTE]
Ever got brake cleaner, or washer fluid on your hands? It feels really cold even tho it isn't, and evaporates really quickly. This is because of its high specific heat capacity, and why methanol is so great for engines

whats the prefered mixture for this set up?
50/50??

I'm sure you've done Dyno testing Bill..

Can you tell us more about the dual nozzle set up?

indeed i have
it works

/the end

d03 or 4 after cooler, d01 after throttle

more power

eg: 367bhp on matt shannons S3 bbt hybrid last week.. also playing with wmi %..
hybrids respond well...
higher octane benefits

Reactions: scotty_24 and superkarl
indeed i have
it works

/the end

d03 or 4 after cooler, d01 after throttle

more power

eg: 367bhp on matt shannons S3 bbt hybrid last week.. also playing with wmi %..
hybrids respond well...
higher octane benefits

try and suss the perfect wmi ratio before the 17th of april Bill!! :icon thumright:

guys help!!
ive ordered everything for my dual nozzle kit and the d01 is out of stock!!

is a d02 too big for the post TB nozzle??

I have an AEM smallest nozzle I can lend you until you're sorted if it helps mate.

Reactions: daz-20vt
Would a dual nozzle setup be any more beneficial over a single nozzle with standard K04 at stage 2?

Daz, sorry to ask on your thread dude, I know mines different setup to yours. (For now lol)

Steve

Reactions: daz-20vt
I used a 2 nozzle setup.
1st nozzle is at FMIC outlet and its controlled by a boost switch, this switch activates the WMI pump at around 15psi.
2nd nozzle is just before the TB, this one is controlled by a second boost switch and a WMI solenoid. Basically the switch just opens the solenoid around 25psi.

Test the flow rates of the nozzles before you install them. I bought a D02 and D03, I sprayed each nozzle separately into a jug for a minute. They both flowed the same volume of water after testing for a minute.

Have always thought about running a second pump for the 2nd nozzle and just run methanol to the second nozzle. Bit of a fire risk tho :)

will i need a second solenoid and second boost switch for dual nozzle?
was assuming the nozzles would actuvate at the same time??

Would a dual nozzle setup be any more beneficial over a single nozzle with standard K04 at stage 2?

Daz, sorry to ask on your thread dude, I know mines different setup to yours. (For now lol)

Steve
I went to Bill with dual nozzle setup on standard k04, think at the time he was impressed and mentioned doing it to his lupo, would be very interesting to see back to back runs with the 2nd TB nozzle in and out.

Reactions: S3 Hilife
will i need a second solenoid and second boost switch for dual nozzle?
was assuming the nozzles would actuvate at the same time??

Scullies is doing it this way to 'stage' the delivery of WMI... for general dual nozzle you just tee off as xDaNx said...

Scullies is a tart... :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Scullies, StaceyS3 and daz-20vt
Ive got my injector spraying into the intercooler pipe after my wellycooler. Is it worth tee - ing off and buying a throttle body spacer with a second nozzle before I go to Bills later in April?

Ive got my injector spraying into the intercooler pipe after my wellycooler. Is it worth tee - ing off and buying a throttle body spacer with a second nozzle before I go to Bills later in April?

I had to read this twice
:drag:

Well I think there's been a mad rush on duel nozzle upgrades at Devils Own. They seem to have run out of solenoids, duel nozzle fitting kits and D01 nozzles