Dual Mass Flywheel Problem

Mason-A3Sport

Audi Sport
Reaction score
Just to let anybody know who has the same problem as me, it was the dual mass flywheel that was causing the shaking at idle as a posted about a week ago, which is what i expected in the first place due to the car stopping shaking when the clutch was pressed down. I paid £42 for a diagnostics to tell me nothing was a matter withe the engine all running fine, good news in one way but bad considering it was a waste of £42. The engineer said his previous golf GT TDI did it occasionally like mine, and it would be fine and didn't need replaced but it would still shake occasionally, I'm going to get it replaced anyways because it is annoying. Doe's anybody know the cheapest place to get a dual mass flywheel for a A3 Sport 1.9TDI 130? my flywheel is still under warranty, but warranty companies being £$%£ as they are lol, decided they would not replace it till my car broke down which is typical! Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Just to let anybody know who has the same problem as me, it was the dual mass flywheel that was causing the shaking at idle as a posted about a week ago, which is what i expected in the first place due to the car stopping shaking when the clutch was pressed down. I paid £42 for a diagnostics to tell me nothing was a matter withe the engine all running fine, good news in one way but bad considering it was a waste of £42. The engineer said his previous golf GT TDI did it occasionally like mine, and it would be fine and didn't need replaced but it would still shake occasionally, I'm going to get it replaced anyways because it is annoying. Doe's anybody know the cheapest place to get a dual mass flywheel for a A3 Sport 1.9TDI 130? my flywheel is still under warranty, but warranty companies being £$%£ as they are lol, decided they would not replace it till my car broke down which is typical! Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Hi,

Needed the similar part for a 2001 S3 recently and got it from GSF (www.gsfcarparts.com). Cheapest by far in my case and it was a OE supplier item. Big job fitting it though.

Good luck.

try these also:

murraysdirect
vwspares

Big job fitting, as said above.

Yes Defratos it did exactly that, you have a similar problem? i have definitely ruled out the injectors and coil pack though already had a diagnostics to check. Sorry for the reply being so late been away for a few days. Reply asap thanks.

yeah wtf!? thought i kept seeing replica handbags around the place.

hey, the first time i have had to use the report post button...

Last edited: