Dual airbag to single ??

Muzzuz

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2004 Audi A3, I have done the front and rear upgrade to the newer shape, I have purchased a new airbag to bring that up to date, but my original airbag is single phase airbag, and my new one is dual, does anyone know how to wire this up so that my airbag light don't come on??

This is why you will be hard pushed to get help

Well I don't know about @Muzzuz but my question was if you could rip the whole single phase module out and replace the entire system with a dual stage??
Thanks

You would need to replace all airbags,wiring harnesses, crash sensors & ECU, so yes it possible but would require £££ and custom harness.

Well that's a good start but I'm after something a bit more concrete.lol

Just curious if anyone has ever done it by buying the parts or through a donner.

I know others will suggest selling my car and buying something new but that's just easy and no fun.

Your not going to find anything more concrete. lol.

There will be very few people that are willing to rip out their entire airbag system just to get a FL steering wheel, most people who are desperate to get a FL steering wheel just take the risk! The sticking point will be the harness, you cannot rip out a harness from another car so you will have to make one yourself, and even then the FL airbag control may require other FL modules like the can-gateway & instrument cluster etc.