DTUK tuning box fitting guide, for turkeys?

EssVier

There ain't no party like an S-Club Party.
Reaction score
Derbyshire, land of the free home of the brave.
As above guys, anyone got one? I have approx 40bhp and 60 lb/ft sat on my office desk, doing no good!

I have the instructions the box came with, but for someone with no technical knowledge they may as well be in braille.

Top service from Andrew at DTUK when buying the box, cannot fault them at all.

Anyways, mine is a 143CR A4. Also interested to know where folk have mounted them.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Mattfinn.

Took me 20mins on the A5 to do and ours had the 'turbo boost' connector to connect also. Box came with detailed fitting instructions which were soooo easy to follow, it's a piece of cake buddy.

You guys that have fitted these, would you recommend them? I keep looking at getting one, I dont really fancy going the whole full ecu chip route (been there!), I just fancy have more ooomph when I need to. I dont fancy creating any issues with my engine or the warranty either.

dieseldoos.

For me in our 2.0tdi 170bhp A5 Cab which is a heavy car, the DTUK box has transformed our car. Settings straight outa the box made an instant difference. Got bored of that after a few days and now run it on Map2 +1, which will mean not a lot to you at the moment but the car now pulls and drives so smoothly compared to std that it's an absolute pleasure to drive. The pull from 3rd to 6th is unbelievable. No idea what bhp it is now as we don't have it on the max setting, possibly 190-200bhp at the mo.
MPG is something i'm not too sure about as the wife only does short journeys in the week for work but we are up in Edinburgh this coming weekend which will give me a good look at what MPG it's now doing with the box fitted.

You guys that have fitted these, would you recommend them? I keep looking at getting one, I dont really fancy going the whole full ecu chip route (been there!), I just fancy have more ooomph when I need to. I dont fancy creating any issues with my engine or the warranty either.

Definitely - the box thats now on my A6 avant 3.0tdi has been on both my 335d's and covered well over 150,000 miles
Thats the CRD-T version
previously i had the Red box, and that was on a couple of my vans too, that covered about 100,000 give or take, then i sold it and its now on an astra 1.9 cdti still going strong !

Highly recommended - and for around £65, it interchangeable to your next heavy oil vehicle

I think I might go for it! Next stage is which one to get, looks like CRD-T version it is then!

Just need to convince swmbo why!

I think I might go for it! Next stage is which one to get, looks like CRD-T version it is then!

Just need to convince swmbo why!

Speak with Andrew at DTUK, either on the phone or by live chat on the site. Others commented on how helpful he is, after speaking with him a coupla times before I finally plumped for the CRD-T box, I can confirm he's absolutely bob on.

Ok guys, thought i'd try tackle this on a rare day off. So far, not good! Got as far as removing the engine cover, and locating the 1st common rail connector, but have 2 connections on the lead in the box? Cannot see where the 2nd one is meant to go, if anywhere?
Not keen on making any mistakes when it comes to the engine.
Thanks.

One is for the fuel rail and the other for the boost controller. My engine is different but it should show you in the instructions where to look?

If in doubt, follow along the intake pipe from the engine back towards the Intercooler and I'm pretty sure the connection is on that charge pipe. If memory serves, it's on the right side if the engine.

I've just seen this thread so apologies for not replying earlier..

The loom comes in 2 parts

2x3 pin connections for the common rail

2x4 pin connections for the boost sensor

Male to female , the female to male

Thanks guys, sorry to say i've admitted defeat! Really should have paid attention in Technology at school!
I can see where the 1st plug on the CR goes, just there is 2 on the CR lead.
:banghead:

Yeah you plug one into the actual CR, the other into the original connection the you unplugged from the CR.

Reactions: EssVier
As Andrew said think of it as adding an extension in line between the original connection , you disconnect the original plug from the end of the rail then connect it into one of the connectors that came with the kit, you then plug the other end of the lead that came with the kit into the end of the rail where you just removed the original .

I'm reading this and questioning if it makes sense ;-)

Reactions: EssVier
Sorted! Well, fitted. Initial impression is good, alot keener & better mpg despite a good shakedown. To keep it on this setting for a few days, then start tinkering with the box itself.
Took 10 mins, once you all helped me. Easy when you know how!
Pedal box next I think!!

Reactions: Stevier88
Glad you managed to get it sorted!

Pedal box is awesome too, lets you access your new power that bit easier. ;)