DTUK Box plus Pedal Box

Andru8

Reaction score
I've read a few threads on the fitting and results of these so I've decided to fit them to my upcoming 2014 quattro dsg 184 when I pick it up on Tuesday.

I can't find any threads where there are reviews of them being fitted to my car though. I'll be driving the car over 300 miles home as standard then fitting the tuning box one day to test it. I'll leave it for about a week then fit the pedal box. That way I'll hopefully have a good idea the difference each one makes.

Has anyone got any experience or reviews of them being fitted to my type of car?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't see why people buy the pedal box thing. It doesn't fool the car into producing any more power, just changes the output curve from the pedal. Is it really worth the cost just to push the accelerator down a few mm less on part throttle? Snake oil.

Reactions: simonali
I understand it doesn't give more power, that's not my aim. From all the reports and reviews it totally changes the characteristics of the throttle response and that is what I'm looking for.

Reactions: WarwickL
I thought the same, snake oil etc... One of the local suppliers of the Sprint booster, and equivalent product installed one on my 8P S3 and said, give it a whirl and see... i tried it for a week and went back and paid him his money. it does make a difference and the 8P needed it. I am going to have a look at one for the 8V in the new year.

Reactions: WarwickL and Andru8
I had a Sprint Booster on my previous car and although they don't declare it gives the car more power it certainly made a huge difference to mine to the point the car was totally different if i took it off. Hence, i will be buying one for my S3 when i can decide on which pedal box is the best to go for.

However, i've had terrible experiences with DTUK's tuning box, to the point it was dangerous and i got rid of it in a heartbeat as they wern't interested in my problems when i got in touch with them at the time!