DTUK 2.0 TFSI 280/300PS Software Update

ABYSS

Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Software - what have we been doing?

Going back to day one the original FSR module had 4 maps, this module was replaced with the FSR+ (push button) that had 3 maps.

the original 3 maps were as follows

1)100-1-5
2)100-1-6X
3)100-1-6

Now map 3 100-1-6 is our original file that Leo-83 used, and various customers have seen between 358 and 375hp depending on their car and more importantly the dyno used.

The general feedback from these files were that they were very progressive and customers didnt realise how quick their cars were until they looked at their speedo, once customers added the pedal box the power was more instant and certainly a lot more aggressive. You could say that commercially were better off selling the 2 items, and yes we are but we weren't happy.

After speaking to our partners in Germany they made a change to the file relating to the up/down speed, in layman terms they changed the speed at which the box reacted and produced the tune. The initial reaction on our own manual car, and a customers DSG S3 was that the changes were great and the car felt like it had the pedal box added. After several 1000 miles of testing on 5 different Audi S3/Golf R's we were happy to roll out these new files to our customers.

The new V2 software files were as follows:

1) 100-1-6 (old map 3)
2) 250-1-6 (quicker up speed)
3) 500-1-6 (quicker up speed)

after several weeks and around 50 cars we received reports from several customers with DSG/Stronic vehicles that gear changes on maps 2 and moreso map 3 were "notchy".. The majority of customers were over the moon with the "feel" of the updated software and none of our "test cars" had experienced these issues..

Over the last 2 months we've been working with several customers with both DSG and Manual (including a couple that had mentioned the issues) and other than the odd "notchy gear change" that several customers have mentioned occurs in standard form we seam to have eradicated the issues and keep the improved response that V2 software had given us. Ill be honest it would of been so much easier to go back to V1 software that is tried and tested, but once you've had a taste of something, its difficult to give it up :)

So the new V3 software is as follows

1)500-2-6 - produced 380hp at MSL Performance in Birmingham (DSG Audi S3 with APR Cold Air intake plus FSR+ box)
2)500-2-6DL
3)100-1-6 - The original map 3

We do have a record of every FSR+ module we have sold so i know exactly which software each of you is running, so before sending your box back to us for an update please contact us direct on 01207 299538

Costs:

if you bought your FSR+(push button) module direct from us then this update is F.O.C
if you bought your box second hand the cost is £75 plus vat plus return carriage.
if you bought your box second hand and have already paid for a software reflash to V2 software, then V3 is F.O.C

S3orge_10 via instagram's dyno feedback, as soon as i have the dyno graph from George i shall post this up

image_zpso9egh5pt.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: OliS3, Schizophonic and Dobby
I'll get some graph pics up later, like a doughnut I have left it at home and i don't have any pics on my phone to upload

Hi Andrew,

I've got the FSR box (jumpers not push buttons) can this be upgraded to the V3 software?
Also, what's the difference between the 500-2-6 and 500-2-6DL map?

Cheers

Paul

Hi Andrew,

I've got the FSR box (jumpers not push buttons) can this be upgraded to the V3 software?
Also, what's the difference between the 500-2-6 and 500-2-6DL map?

Cheers

Paul
Hi Paul,

we can update the original boxes too..

Any updates on how the new (V3) software is working? I've settled on the V2 2+2 as the smoothest for day to day driving with lots of punch if needed. I'm running 92 octane (US). I've noticed that 2+3 and 3+3 give the DSG clunky shifts in my car. Maybe a bit too much torque for the stock DSG programming?

Something of interest to golf R and S3 DSG owners running the DTUK FSR+ system

Hi Guys,

over the last few months we've been hearing of some issues that a small % of customers with DSG cars have been having when using the FSR+ system. This has all started to occur since we updated the software around 6 months ago. The funny thing about it is, that it does affect every DSG equipped car, and I'm sure there are a lot of guys on here that would back me up.

We would be silly to sit here and do nothing, well we have been doing something and we have come to this conclusion based on testing the FSR+ against another well known "tuning box".

For now i am going to keep the info very general and explain where and how we have got to today,

When the FSR+ was first launched we used 4 files, the difference between these 4 files was basically the amount of boost we were adding on zero position, each + would then take an additional step up. 90% of customers were happy with these files, but the feedback that we received from a small percentage of customers was that the car lacked something lo down compared to a remap, but was very linear and the gear changes were silky smooth, our solution at the time was to add a pedal box. This instantly brought the power in a lot earlier and the feedback was all great, and the gear changes were still silky smooth.

We then switched to the new push button module with 3 maps, we simply lost the least powerful of the 4 maps and kept map 3 (leo83) as map 3.

I have always wanted the best for customers, and commercially i should of stuck to the proven formula of the FSR+ / Pedal box, but as we do listen to customers we set upon a quest of trying to achieve what customers wanted without using the pedal box. This is were V2 and then V3 software came about.

The changes we made to the software were purely down to the signal speed of the processor, and what we found was that by adjusting these speeds we could achieve a quicker response, and on the dyno the peak torque is produced lower in the RPM range. Im sure anyone thats currently running V3 software can relate to this by simple switching between map 3 and map 1

map 3 is very linear, and personally it certainly surprises a lot of people as you don't realise how quick youre going until you look down at the speedo, in comparison map 1 is a lot more aggressive and as mentioned above on a small number of DSG cars this is causing issues with gear changes.

So what can we do to resolve this? we've been working with a couple of DSG equipped cars (1 that has notchy gear changes, and 1 that doesn't) and what we have found is that a compromise has to be made...

Map 3 doesn't cause any issues with gear changes, but is the least punchy where as map 1 as mentioned above is more in your face and is what everyone wants, and this is where our comparison to the "other box" comes into play,

We've ran this "other box" on our own golf R and another 2 2.0 TFSI's and what we have found is that the power delivery of this "other box" is very very similar to map 3, our original file, so if youre having issues with gear changes using the FSR+ and think that buy buying another box youre going to be a lot happier, then do yourself a favour and switch your box over to map 3..

So whats the difference between V3 and V4 software, (I'm sure i explained this somewhere but cant find the thread at this time)

Map 1 and map 3 are the same on V3 and V4,
Map 2 used to be a variant of map 1 with the quicker signal speeds, where as on V4 we've adjusted the signal speed and its now a compromise between map 1 and 3.

So to summarise, if youre running an FSR+ with a DSG car and youre having issues with gear changes then as mentioned above please try map 3 as this will give you a great comparison to the "alternative" or if you wish youre more than welcome to come to us and actually try this "other tuning box" for yourself

Anyone wanting to upgrade to V4 software, then this is free of charge so please contact direct to arrange this,

Reactions: Rolly12 and RedRS3Reilly