Dtm tail pipes for special edition

Craig Cull

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
I originally wanted a red dtm. After finding out Audi don't make one, I then decided to buy the bumpers for my special edition.
Only problem I have, which I need to sort before I fit the bumpers is the tail pipes.
I priced up the back boxes from Audi which are £700 + vat. Does anybody know of another option. I.e tail pipe attachments?
Or is this just goin to be expensive either way. :)

I have a dtm rear silencer. One piece removed from cat back. My car has stainless steel exhaust.

I don't know mate. Sorry didn't reply yesterday had a busy one. I'm in Leicester. I'll try and get some pics o it. Make me an offer. Is just sat at work doing nothing but too good to throw away so was gonna keep it and swap it over If ever sell.

I don't know mate. Sorry didn't reply yesterday had a busy one. I'm in Leicester. I'll try and get some pics o it. Make me an offer. Is just sat at work doing nothing but too good to throw away so was gonna keep it and swap it over If ever sell.

Ok mate, if you can send me pics and it's different to what's already on, I'll make you an offer. Cheers

The dtm tail pipes are black and 100mm I think. Most others are 90mm.

ok no probs mate, send me a pic if you can coz its a fair way to come if its the same lol.

Measure the tips. The exhaust is the same bar the tips if I remember correctly. I'll hopefully get some pics tomorrow mate

Here is a pic from my library from a standard one when I was looking. They are slightly larger than the standard 2.0t tips

f4020c62.jpg

e6f56e77.jpg

84b2ba0d.jpg

7c74ec83.jpg

Here are some pics. It needs a bit of a clean ideally but I'm on crutches lol

Hi,

Have you thought about something like this

AUDI A4 A5 PAIR OF CHROME EXHAUST TRIMS (NEW & GENUINE) | eBay

I bought a set and they look good. They overhang a bit due to the slash of the original tips being a bit more acute, but I couldn't be bothered cutting my exhaust to make them sit back. (if that makes sense).

Do the original tips just unbolt or are they welded on? Both my tips are black and I tried cleaning them up with no luck. I really want to have that silver aluminium look on my exhaust tips but thought I would need to replace the full exhaust back boxes.
Maybe these are the answer?

They just slide on over the originals, not to sure how easy it would be for someone to nick them though, so I'm thinking of some type of bolt arrangement.

The do make your exhaust look more like 90mm though (which is nice).

Yep, they go really well with the Votex diffuser. (well I think so anyway)

I've not bolted them on yet. Just trying to figure a way out that wont damage the exhaust. I'll take a pic later in the works car park but you'll have to excuse the dirt, not had time to wash it for a bit :blush:

Here are some pics. Sorry for the bad quality of the after pic but I've just taken this in bad light in the car park.

Before

After

As I said they would look a bit better set further back but the slash of the exhaust was a bit different and I didn't want to cut it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Special edition tips are all black matt paint/powder coated. There are also welded on to the exhaust pipes.

Special edition tips are all black matt paint/powder coated. There are also welded on to the exhaust pipes.

Thanks Auroan, I think they just look dirty & sooty in black, would much prefer the silver look if I can get the tail pipes to fit, but will see.

Thanks for all your help guys! The options are definatly there. Managed to reach a deal with chris. Many thanx :)