1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dsg sport and dynamic mode the same?

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by karlabdool, Apr 27, 2014.

1. karlabdool

karlabdool Member

[Apr 27, 2014]
    hi,

apart from suspension/steering changes,when you pull back on the gear shifter to go into 'S' is this the same as selecting dynamic from drive select?

or can i choose dynamic and also pull back to 'S' and get added/combined engine performance?

thanks for the help.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Jan 26, 2015]

3. Flibble

Flibble Active Member

[Apr 27, 2014]
    Dynamic + D is not the same as S. S holds revs much higher up the range all the time and is pretty aggressive at letting the car get to the redline. Dynamic + D seems to just make it a bit happier to kickdown on throttle input and rev a little more, but it'll change up to high gear once you ease off.

The actual performance is much the same either way, all that changes is the shift points, and dynamic gives you a louder exhaust note.
  4. Joetidman

Joetidman Well-Known Member

[Apr 27, 2014]
    :iagree:

Just shows how many options you have to play with to get your driving experience just right ;)
  5. vegnomeat

vegnomeat Member

[Apr 27, 2014]
    Dynamic as far as I can tell is S
  6. arad85

arad85 Active Member

[Apr 27, 2014]
    ?? I've been driving in Dynamic but in D. I think the default when you put it into Dynamic is S gearing, but you can change it to D if you want. Not 100% sure, but D gearing in Dynamic seems to be a bit more towards S in Auto than D in Auto....
  7. danilotto

danilotto Active Member

[Apr 27, 2014]
    Hi all, let me return briefly on this subject because I asked this question in several other threads and, unfortunately, I got no reply. And also excuse me if it is slightly off-topic.

On my S3 I hear NO difference in sound from the engine sound setting being "normal" or "dynamic". Could you tell me if the difference is very evident? Only inside the car? Also outside?

Many thanks for your kind replies.
  8. Flibble

Flibble Active Member

[Apr 27, 2014]
    Dynamic with D won't hold high gears like S does, but it's very keen to kickdown that's for sure.
  9. veeeight

veeeight I am a very pretty girl

[Apr 27, 2014]
    I think this setting only changes the "Soundaktor" unit that is mounted to the bulkhead. So comfort mode = not so much supplementary sound! Dynamic mode = more sound/vibration being output from the Soundaktor unit.

Because it is a vibration borne concept using the windscreen as a sound-board, it will be more apparent inside the cabin, than outside the car. But I think it's only a subtle change, I will listen in my car tomorrow!!

Edit:
    in this thread, someone has noticed that their engine noise is louder in Dynamic:
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-8v-chassis/210684-drive-select-question.html#post2092817
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    danilotto likes this.
  10. veeeight

veeeight I am a very pretty girl

[Apr 28, 2014]
    I tried this out this morning, accelerating from 0 to 40 mph.

Engine Sound Comfort - Mainly 4 cyl engine noise, little or no Soundaktor influence
    Engine Sound Dynamic - Soundaktor definitely increases noise/volume inside the car, makes it sound more like a boxer/flat 4 engine.
  11. Fiddie

Fiddie Member

[Apr 28, 2014]
    Im still dont noticed any difference. Top revs i have reached were about 3800. Maybe it works over 4000 rpms?