DSG Remap

nothingness

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just bought an a3 tdi and wondering about a dsg gearbox remap, so it drives smoother without any lag in auto.

Who does it and how much does it cost?

I plan to get an evochips engine remap, my friend is an evolution chips dealer.

If/when the turbo fails I will upgrade to the 230hp one and limit the torque to 500NM.

Many thanks.

Try user Abyss on here for info on anything Diesel

We offer custom or off the shelf DSG remaps. VW/Audi do offer software updates for the DSG gearboxes to fix bugs and other minor issues but not to change the mapping significantly. If you are planning an engine remap then you may suffer from torque shedding in the gearbox when it sees too much torque from the engine, it's almost like clutch slip.

The gearboxes can be programmed over the diagnostic port in most cases. Our software includes revised torque limiters, changed shift points, increased shift times and enhanced sport mode with higher downshift points to keep the turbo within it's boost area. The standard remap is £295 but if you want anything changing specifically to suit your requirements then give us a shout on 01282 433344.

We also offer a deal if you have the gearbox done at the same time as the engine, we offer our own engine remap software or the AmD remap software for the TDi's. DSG is discounted to £250 when done with the engine, our TDi remaps are £299 for stage 1 and the AmD ones are £399 for stage 1.