1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSG Query

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Wicked666, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Wicked666

Wicked666 Active Member

Hi guys

Just a query. Why is it when in D, sometimes when I use a paddle to downshift for overtaking it goes to M but back to D within a few seconds. However other times it stays in M and I have to move the gearstick into M then into D to get it back into automatic?

Could it be speed related?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DJAlix

DJAlix Comfortably Dumb!
    Audi Sport Owner Group Team Glacier saloon Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi A3 S-line

Mine does this from time to time, not sure why also and Audi said the normal "no fault found". You can put it back to D by holding on a paddle for 3 seconds..

#2 DJAlix, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  4. L1ARR

L1ARR Active Member

That's standard, apparently depending upon who does this but if you have a DSG map it will hold in manual mode until you put it back into D.

5. Wicked666

Wicked666 Active Member

I didn't know I could hold the paddle and do this. May have read it in the manual when purchased the car but that was a while ago.

Looks like its a mystery why sometimes it changes back and other times it doesn't.