DSG problem?

emznjav

Reaction score
Hi peeps.

Have a problem with my car its an Audi A3 2.0 TDI dsg, basically when I set off from a standstill its soo jerky. If I ease the throttle for a couple of seconds then the car is fine otherwise its stupidly jerky. Could it be the mechatronics unit?
Any ideas ?

Try a basics adaptation using VCDS.
When was the DSG filter and oil last changed?
Is the battery in good condition?

I haven't got access to vcds am based in south Yorkshire though anyone who can come to me?

DSG filter and oil was changed at 38k when audi serviced it its now on 99k ?

Battery was brand new replaced last week but I don't seem to recall the car being so jerky before the battery change???

Your over due DSG oil and filter change ( every 40k)

And check out the VCDS map to find someone local to you

Your over due DSG oil and filter change ( every 40k)

And check out the VCDS map to find someone local to you

Could a simple DSG oil and filter fix the problem ?

It would not harm it, but the adaptation should help.

Took it to local garage they say needs to gearbox. Cost 2.5k lol

Are they pulling my leg or do you think this small jerking problem in first will result in a new gearbox?

You definately need to get the DSG oil and filter change done first especially if your 20K overdue, it makes a hell of a difference

You definately need to get the DSG oil and filter change done first especially if your 20K overdue, it makes a hell of a difference

Do you think that a simple gearbox oil and filter change would solve the problem because if it does that would be a relief lol

Yes I do think it will make a difference and possibly solve your issue, you just need to hope and pray that you havent screewd the gearbox from missing the service but look at it this way, paying £150 for an oil and filter change cant do any more hard than youve already done can it?

Yes I do think it will make a difference and possibly solve your issue, you just need to hope and pray that you havent screewd the gearbox from missing the service but look at it this way, paying £150 for an oil and filter change cant do any more hard than youve already done can it?

I just don't to be throwing money at the car if its not going to solve the problem but if it does then chocolates for all....

Missing oil and filter changes isnt ideal, I would get it done and you may be lucky and find it gets better, I did mine early at 35K and gear changes seemed sharper and smoother so the fact your 20K over a service it must feel horrific to drive

Missing oil and filter changes isnt ideal, I would get it done and you may be lucky and find it gets better, I did mine early at 35K and gear changes seemed sharper and smoother so the fact your 20K over a service it must feel horrific to drive

How much do audi charge for filter and oil change?

I had slightly jerky acceleration on my 3.2 .... And yep.... £1900 lighter and a a new mechatronics unit ... Keep praying my friend !!

I had slightly jerky acceleration on my 3.2 .... And yep.... £1900 lighter and a a new mechatronics unit ... Keep praying my friend !!

Ouch so did a new filter not make a difference?

Are you really trying to cheap out of doing a DSG service?! Damn thing is due anyway and it can't hurt...

Its about £180 from VW (though that was a few years ago) and needs to be done every 40K. You need to get it done and see if it helps. If you have full service history by Audi and they have missed it, have a chat!!!!!