1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSG or S-Tronic Warranty

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by daz5182, Dec 2, 2012.

1. daz5182

daz5182 Member

Have they extended the warranty on the DSG gearboxes?

Reason i ask is that i have an issue with my gearbox and i don't want to be spending money on it if it has a warranty.

Thank you

Darren
  2. Paul76R

Paul76R Member

I would assume its the standard 3 years cover from first registration?
  3. daz5182

daz5182 Member

yeah bit reading on the net they have extended this in other countries as a goodwill gesture for 10 years 100k miles, just wondered if anyone knoew if it was in the uk too.

Thanks
  4. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

doubt it - just take out an audi extended warranty when the car turns 3 years old, it covers everything the factory warranty does.
  5. daz5182

daz5182 Member

would do but my car is 4 years old and was purchased from a volvo dealer! I'll speak to them tomorrow.

Thanks
  6. roysterdsb

roysterdsb Member

When researching before buying my wife's Tiguan (DSG / 4 Motion), I remember reading that the dry 7 speed auto was getting some bad press and the VW China extended the warranty to 10 years (not sure if it made it to any other parts of the world or if it extended beyond the 7 speed 'cheap seats' version of DSG.
  7. _G_

_G_ Member

No they wont extend this in the UK... I have been to hell and back with Audi UK and Audi Germany... it is up to Audi UK at their discretion if they want to offer such a gesture as other countries do but Audi UK outright refuse... I don't see why UK owners should be any different... may be a class action law suit would give us the rights we so deserve?!

Other countries also offer good will on the following parts (10 years, 100,000 miles): high pressure fuel pump, pcv and there was one more thing... in my other thread.

The best Audi could possibly do is... if you have been a loyal customer and maintained your vehicle through an Audi main dealer... then there is a possibility for them to consider a contribution toward the repair costs... but again this is entirely at their discretion.
  8. daz5182

daz5182 Member

Audi contributed nothing towards mine..... Poor in my opinion
  9. andykn

andykn Member

I had a mate who's multitronic box failed catastrophically on his A4 who had a good relationship with his local Audi dealer and got a free replacement box but had to pay the labour costs, only 1800 quid! It was at least 4 years old.
  10. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

Ah yes the ol miltichronic box... My bro-inlaws lasted well over 130k miles without probs, but then he did change the oil quite frequently..