1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSG gear shifter removel ..

dodgyd Jun 26, 2009

1. dodgyd

dodgyd New Member

hi guys ..i got this gear shifter on my a3 , i just got all the parts i need to put right ..but dont know how to remove the knob/shifter ( dont think its an audi one maybe a golf one ? )....iv asked at my audi dealers & they said " we cant tell you how to remove but we can remove for you at a cost of £50 "..( WTF )...but then i will have to fit all my new stuff there as i wont be able to drive it then ...lol ,..pic enclosed ...( please help ...lol )

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dodgyd

dodgyd New Member

come on guys ....sombody must have an idea please ......

3. pluves1

pluves1 Active Member

4. dodgyd

dodgyd New Member

hi pal , thanks very much for that m8...its a skoda octavia knob on a a3 i since found out ..iv got all the stuff from audi to replace , just cant get the knob off ...lol , i askd audi to show me how to get off but they said " for legealty reasons we cant , but we get a mech to show you how , will take him half hour & will cost you £ 50 ?."...WTF..to get a knob off ?...think been il have to put back to drive home ...so if i cant off while at home ....another £50 ... lol....dont you love audi dealers for there super help ...lol

5. dodgyd

dodgyd New Member

hi guys , got it sorted ....for anybody who maybe in the same boat ..

underneath the gater there is a little clip round the bottom of shifter grab some pliers & loosen this clip , but ign on place car in N pull the button out ( tape the button up so that it does not go back in , if it does you cant put back on )...once button out stand with one foot in each footwell & give the shifter a good yank ..( nearly put knob instead of shifter then ...lmfao )...& then it should pull off along with gater & gear indicater

6. dg3967

dg3967 Member Gold Supporter

hi there got an a4 auto .im tryin to change knob but no one seems to know how.para creepin in