Dsg delay in first

Moxy89

Reaction score
is this common, I have had the box mapped and they said they can make it better however, if at a set of traffic lights and I plant it for a second nothing really happens then all hell breaks loose, is this normal and if it is what can I do to stop giving corsa 1.2 a slight hope, it's just not fair on them.

Reactions: S.
Mines the same, trying to get of junctions quick is a pain too. Nothing happens then your flying like sh*t off a stick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My friend has the old multitronic in his s5 and it's instant, it's very annoying In the s3, look silly launching through McDonald's drive through :)

Reactions: rob261
Very annoying. I get same delay when changing down sometimes also

Same here with a slight delay more prevalent when dsg is cold.

Learned to live with it by taking foot off the brake and feathering the throttle in just after I feel the clutch bite and the car starts to creep forward.

When I need to take off fast. I shift into S mode which for some reason to me takes off much better in a hurry than in D. This reminds me, I haven't tried launch control yet.

Other than that the shifts are immediate and responsive. I do miss manual though but I'm getting more lazy nowadays.

I've launched once and haven't done it since box was mapped.... Bit scared of doing it

It's because the footbrake disengages the clutches and it takes a moment for them to re-engage. If you want instant starts, use the handbrake when you're stationary; that's what it's for!!!