1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSG and snow

Japper Mar 1, 2006

1. yak

yak Member

Ouh this is different, I don't have anything against that. But I don't want that feature to auto select itself based on what it thinks is the best choice, since they never design those in winter conditions anyway.

Sort of like A3's gasoline cap, it doesn't work at winters. It's always frozen, so I have to almost peel it open with nails and bang it, that "jumper" never works when it's below 0C. Stupid design.

Yeah, small market area, but those things matter here, and more they do these "automatic choices, warnings" etc in the south, more we feel frustrated in the north ;)

- Yak

2. yak

yak Member

Agreed, I don't think they did ;). While it dumps some snow inside, the one I'm afraid every time I open the door is how much it gathers ice on the front of the door. You can just hear the metal bending to ice, and I'm afraid the door will be bent during the years. Never had that happening in any other car.

But, luckily for us, VW apparently does a lot winter testing, since their cars do well in our winter testing's (which the biggest Finnish car/technic magazine does every year). So at least some basics go to Audi's side also ;)

- Yak