DSG Alloy pedals

Lee_R

Reaction score
I see later DSG A3's have metal pedals, are these a straight swap for my pre facelift S line? Has anyone done it, is it an easy job?

I like my S line interior but its pretty dull compared to my old Beetle!

don't think you can the faclift model has a different steering wheel, I think the paddles from the R32 fit but there about £200 a pair.

I meant the pedals not the paddles, the mk5 R32 had them too. Wonder if they would fit?

Just make sure you get the correct gas pedal for DSG as it has a kick down option where as manuals dont, basically the pedal goes down to almost the floor & hits a sprung loaded plastic cap under the pedal which is green on mine that you can see if you look closely with a torch, if you push harder it of course depresses the cap & pedal goes furthest down & makes the car kick down a gear, I think thats a fair way to explain it, lol.

Swapping over is fairly easy, just take the upper bolt cover of, unbolt, then at the botton hidden there's 2 horizonal gaps on the front of the pedal about 5-8mm wide you have to look carefully maybe slightly prize the pedal up, then stick a thin screwdriver in & push in & then inside hidden are a clip that you have to push in on one & the other you push to the side from what I remember when I did mine, there's a cable plug at top rear, of pedal, depress the white clip & it releases the plug to pull of the pedal, when replacing with new pedal just push plug back in place, then push the pedal down at front as clicks back in & then bolt in place at top & replace cover.

between £60-80 I think, pity not manual as I have some spare alum pedals for brake & clutch

you just replace the rubber bit on the brake pedal with this...
for £9.45 + VAT.

The accelerator pedal is a full swap at £55.95 +VAT:

If you click on the image you'll see you are asked to select manual or auto.