DSG 2.0tdi "launch control feature"

Atomic

Reaction score
hi guys.

it's my 1st post here. i'm sorry if it's a repost. i've searched...

is there a way to make flash boot in 2.0tdi versions with dsg? i can't make a quick start.

i know there's a way in gas version but doesn't work well in tdi:

...Lastly, VW and Audi engineers have included a launch control feature - put the transmission in "S" mode, turn off the Electronic Stability Program (ESP), hold the brake pedal down with your left foot and floor the gas. The revs will rise to around 3,000 RPM and then quickly remove your foot from the brake pedal and the car will chirp the tires and launch HARD as if you revved a manual transmission and dropped the clutch. Pretty darn cool and a sure fire way to nail those stoplight launches.

thanks and sorry for my bad english

ok!! found it!

S-Tronic Diesels do have lauch control!
Having previously tried many times to get launch control working on my TDI 170, I came to the conclusion it wasn't implemented on the diesel models.

Correction - it is!

...and your tyres will not last long with it either.

What was happening was that the car was bogging down when trying to initiate the launch control procedure and the revs would return to idle. I've found that if the car moves even an inch forward whilst you're trying to do a launch, the car won't go into launch mode and it bogs down.

Here's the procedure:

Traction off
Engage Sport
Push the brake pedal down *as far as it will go* - I was not doing this previously so the car was able to move forward and not engage launch control.
Throttle to the floor

Petrol cars rev up to 3500 odd rpm, the diesel will rev up to 2000 rpm and hold steady waiting for you. When you're good to go, release the brake pedal and you're off. You can make really good getaways with this, but I was having trouble with traction today (although it was cold and the roads damp) - as soon as I hit 3000 rpm I'd break traction. Even so, 60 comes up in not much time at all.

Have fun, guys!