1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DrOve another S model today!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Gops, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Gops

Gops Badger 5 Edition
    VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3

So I get a call from my sister who's had some trouble from her A1 tdi where the glow plugs, as it's under warranty they've given her a courtesy car and they gave an S4!!! From a 1.6 tdi to that!?' but I drove it today and omg I love it' it's not a pure performance car and has none of the characteristics as the s3 has but it's just a cruising family car but once you plant it it goes and it doesn't stop! I think I'd keep up until 80ish bit after that it's gone! I have pics and a video but I'm not posting the vid for obvious reasons! PM me and I'll send via watsapp or something but let's just say, the limiter has been lifted! Lol! Lovely car though!

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!"
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Unusual for them to give out such a model, but at the same time maybe they're hoping that by driving a much better car, she'll be disappointed when she gets the A1 back and goes and buys an S4 instead :p

4. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Yes, and I have the vid of his testdrive! :racer:

5. RYes3

RYes3 Active Member
    Team Nardo Audi RS3

Sods law, my brand new S3 was in last week, what did they give me?.......... A 1.6tdi A3 :(

6. Ste_Nova

Ste_Nova Active Member

i took an 1.2 A1 in and got an S3 lol

7. Gops

Gops Badger 5 Edition
    VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3

Thats exactly what I thought! It's reading Audi just incase people want to take their car there lol! Seemed like nice people but theyre still Audi and will rip you off!

8. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)
    Team Silver Audi S3 Audi Sport Owner Group

Just seen the vid!!!!

9. superkarl

superkarl MAN OF STEEL

weird i also drove another S model today.
    encountered the bloke who sold me my s3, and he's driving a B5 S4 avant and let me go out for a drive in it.
    id considered one before the s3 and its a DAMN NICE drive but its just too much extra to go wrong which is why i got an s3 originally.
    was great to drive though, apparently mapped to roughly 300hp, but it doesnt feel as fast as it is, its sooooo smooth and subtle, but when you glance at the speedo you soon realise how fast a car it is.
    oh, and PROPER quattro, god it feels good!

anyway, i must keep telling myself 'i love the s3, i love the s3, i love the s3'