1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dropping subframe?

yellowgti Oct 6, 2008

1. yellowgti

yellowgti Whats going to break next??... VCDS Map User

Hi, just wonderd if anybody could give me a bit of advice on dropping the subframe on the 1.8t quattro, i had fitted 2 weeks ago front passenger side wishbone track rod end and rack end however the garage is too far away from home to take back, since then i have had a clicking from the fron which ive been told is something to do with the steering rack and that the track rod/rack end needs tightening up as it mustnt have been done, to do this ive been told there a ****** to get to so i have to drop the sub frameto get to the pins to tighten them

Is there anything i need to know before dropping the sub frame? desperatly needs doing before audi international as it doesnt feel safe

cheers in advance guys ;-):sos:

2. HODD

HODD Member

4 bolts hold the subframe on, when I first dropped the frame I supported the frame with a jack as I wasn't sure how far it would drop, it turns out with all bolts removed it only lowers about 2 inches, its still held up by suspension components and the steering rack.Afterwards you will need to get your tracking done.