Drop links

Tomrun

Reaction score
Quick question.

I have just bought new front drop links for audi s3 8p 2009. They are both the same...as in the ends are pointing the same directions.

I haven't got the car with me atm as its at the spray shop so can't check bit I would have thought they should be a mirror image of each other.

Basically are the 2 drop links different parts or are they the same? Left and right

Don't waste your time with the nuts etc on the old ones just cut them off with an angle grinder if you have one to hand.

Quick question.

I have just bought new front drop links for audi s3 8p 2009. They are both the same...as in the ends are pointing the same directions.

I haven't got the car with me atm as its at the spray shop so can't check bit I would have thought they should be a mirror image of each other.

Basically are the 2 drop links different parts or are they the same? Left and right

One side fits nuts forwards and the other nuts back if that makes sense

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was planning to take the angle grinder the old ones. I've had one off and it was a pain!

And yep that makes perfect sense as that's the only way it would work in my head.

Anyone got any tips I should take into account before I change them tomorrow?

is it just a case of wheels off, let it all hang, undo bolts and remove old and fit new?

or do I have to compress the arb?

Get to the bit when you let it all hang, then loosen of the top nuts on the drop link, then raise the wheel hub with another jack to stop the threads binding as you loosen off the drop link bolts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All done this morning. Was all pretty straight foward.

Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: mechanic69