1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drop in Petrol Prices?????

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by S£, May 26, 2008.

1. S£

S£ Member

Got this in a e-mail today, some of you might already have it, but i thought i would put it on here and get every one to copy/paste it and e-mail it themselves to every one they know!!

I know the vast majority on here don't use these anyway as we all know their petrol is **** but it's worth sending to others....

Also Ess/Marriedblond, if I'm in the wrong place with this feel free to move it to somewhere where more people might see it!!!

[FONT=&quot]See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

We are hitting £1.12p a litre in most areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1.50 a litre. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take
    aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it
    to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ..

THREE HUNDRED MILLION
    PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p aLITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc., i.e., boycott BP and Esso
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it [/FONT]
  2. S3 Wannabe

S3 Wannabe Member

only buy optimax, so am doing my bit already!
  3. S£

S£ Member

Yeah me too!! or Tesco's now and then!
  4. DaveMK^

DaveMK^ Member

all 300 million? The last estimate of a UK population of 60 million from the government was a few out ;-)
  5. Jacko4130

Jacko4130 Goodie Gum Drops

Its an old idea that won't work, people keep dreaming up these idea's but all i see is a hike in price every time i fill up!
  6. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

probably all the illegals and failed asylum seekers who have done a runner that make it to 300 million
  7. Andy_S3

Andy_S3 Member

this emails been going around for a while now, and as much as i hope itll work, it hasnt worked yet, it cost me 50quid to fill up my 1.2 8v punto the other day - 50QUID!!!
  8. motorbikez

motorbikez Active Member

Two points here BP is a British company and Esso is American.THE REAL CON ARTISTS ARE THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT.Over 70% of the price of fuel is TAX and VAT.If these scumbags had been prudent with our taxes they could reduce fuel tax by 25p per litre as it is they could reduce tax by 12p per litre if they so desired to help the public with soaring fuel prices and inflation.
    In october 2007 the treasury assumed oil would average $68 per barrel but in fact it has averaged over $100 per barrel,at current levels this government has quietly been raking in an extra £12 million PER DAY over and above its own forecasts of october last year not only that they are also grabbing an extra £50 million per month in extra vat due to higher pump prices.

If oil prices stay at these levels the government will rake in an extra £5 billion + based on their own figures.:sign_unfair:
  9. Dave_Bayern

Dave_Bayern Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Only sensible post is above mine by motorbikez.

Everyone seems to have this bee in their bonnet with the oil companies, but its not them you should be mad with.

The oil companies make HUGE profits, but what percentage of crude is oil/diesel? Exactly. The massive profits made are also from plastics and other oil based products, petrol although profitable isnt how they make 6 billion a quarter.

In Saudi a litre of fuel is 13p.

The SAME oil company sells it retail in Saudi at 13p per litre as does here retailing at 1.16 a litre.

The GOVERNMENT is to blame here, not the oil companies.
  10. S3quatt

S3quatt Flat Oot like a ducks Foot

Although I agree with the prices there Dave the reason fuel is so cheap in Saudi & UAE. Etc. is because it's actually subsidised by the government.
    In Dubai the price has recently shot up for non UAE citizens.
    When they found oil down there all those years ago the actual arab population was quite small & suddenly all this wealth came pouring in which is why none of the local arab population actually work, (they still get something like $100000 Per person per household per year!)

Recently tho they must have realised either profits are down or they are now loosing money. As a result the price of a liter of fuel for non residents/expat's Etc. has shot up from 1Dirham to 11...
    I know a few people who live there & they are starting to feel the pinch now too!
    Sorry to piss on the parade here, but i work all over the world, & the price of fuel has hiked up all over & everyone's complaining.
    Fair enough, maybe the increase hasn't been as harsh as the uk but it has gone up the world over!

The upside of this is the plan of boycotting certain companies might just work :)
  11. DaveMK^

DaveMK^ Member

Oil was 60 dollars a barrell this time last year now its 136 dollars, so although the government tax, the oil barons have still doubled their price.
  12. Dave_Bayern

Dave_Bayern Slipping at 3.5Krpm

It still wont work. (The boycotting)

As although the price of oil HAS risen, it hasnt risen to the levels seen by the barrel price alone.

In fact, oil now costs less per barrel than in 1980 - Fact.

The thing is, the tax imposed on oil means its taxed several times by the time it hits the forecourt.

Americans dont have subsidised oil prices yet its 30p a litre for them still! (3.53litres to US gallon, at $2 per gallon).

If you work in Aberdeen, and probably thus work in oil, you should realise only about 10% of crude is suitable for fuel oils, the rest is plastics and other manufacturing chemicals.

Given that RDS made 7 billion profit in the first quarter of 2008, I dont think a few people on a tiny island not buying petrol is going to make a ha'porth of difference to them.

Boycotting the Government however, THAT is how things get done. Look to France for example, the next nearest country and if they strike, things change, simple as.