1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Droning Noise.

wilsons3 Aug 24, 2014

1. wilsons3

wilsons3 Member

When I'm under engine braking with my foot off the loud pedal, I have a droning noise coming from somewhere, first thought was tyres as my front 2 were due a change, that's been done and I've still got it.

Looking around/under the car my left rear arch seems an inch or so 'lower' than my right rear arch, I'm assuming it's probably suspension related, anyone come across it or any ideas?

2. Brodster

Brodster Well-Known Member Team Ibis VCDS Map User Audi Avant Owner Group Audi S4

Try taking the car out of gear and coast for a few secs see if the droning stops. My last S3 had the same problem and it was down to failure of the mushroom section of the propshaft......was changed under warranty.

wilsons3 likes this.
  3. wilsons3

wilsons3 Member

Sorted, something and nothing in the end!

4. Jay-a3

Jay-a3 Member

Just out of interest what was it? I have this 'drone noise' carnt see how it could be the tyres

5. s3_sid

s3_sid Active Member

The tyres do wear funny on the back leading the front edge of the grip for some reason , but I have the same in sure its a dougnut which is about £120 for the part

6. wilsons3

wilsons3 Member

Rather embarrassingly was tyre pressure, back left was mega low!

Jay-a3 likes this.