1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Droning noise from front left wheel

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by chasdrury, Jul 5, 2012.

1. chasdrury

chasdrury Member

Hi

My front left wheel makes a droning sound - worsened when going round a roundabout - I presume a wheel bearing is going - the car has done 126,000 and never had them replaced - does that sound like a feasible cause?

Chas

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JtotheD

JtotheD Events Moderator

yes. the wheel bearing going will cause vibration up the shocks and will go up to the top mounts which is why you get the droning noise. gets worse above 40mph?

4. chasdrury

chasdrury Member

It may be a bit worse, i just change down and listen to the Milltek instead! :)

Cheers

5. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

Get it changed as soon as you can. I was in a friends car that had a failing wheel bearing and the wheel pretty much fell off once it gave up........interesting experience

6. marktdisport

marktdisport Active Member

it does sound like your wheel bearing m8 imo!! but check the tyre closely aswell as when i purchased mine the rears sounded like the wheel bearing was well past it but it turned out to be a cheap budget tyre were the inner side wall was badly distorted causing the noise due to the tyre being out of shape...

7. chasdrury

chasdrury Member

THanks - will check the tyres but they are only 5k in Goodyear Eagle F1 assymetrics so shoudn't be that - just passed it's MOT so think they'll be ok!