DRLs work then don't and then work again? Help please

Rolly88

Reaction score
Hi

A good few months back I posted this thread
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/led-drls-dont-like-hot-weather.229533/

Basically my passenger side LED DRL failed end of last year. I meant to get it sorted but MOT isn't until Sept and I was working away for a couple months so put it off. Anyway, whilst i was away my better half drove the car occasionally to keep it going but a lot less miles than me. Then for 2 weeks at the end of June it sat at an airport car park doing nothing. When we came back the light was magically working and has been fine (touch wood) for the last 5 weeks. She said the couple of weeks before it was parked the car took longer to register the fault so was obviously trying to come back to life.

Happy days I thought. Its fixed itself after being out for 6 months! MOT in Sept no problemo. However, the drivers side LED DRL decided to fail yesterday!! With an MOT due in about 4-6 weeks time, time is unfortunately not a luxury I have.

Can somebody please shed some light on this situation. Why would a DRL fail for 6 months and then come back? Surely that would suggest that it actually hasn't failed and it maybe a connection problem or something similar? The airport car park was quite bumpy or am I clutching at straws on?? I'm hoping that the drivers side DRL comes back to me very soon but at the same time very concerned that the other one goes and i have to replace both (£1k) before the MOT??

Any help appreciated. Thanks guys

It sounds a bit coincidental 2 to go at same time, however they're prone, ideally needs another headlight to test with, then go from there, we can look at it & replace if need be, but it could indeed be both, ping me a PM if you would like to have us take a look.