1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DRL's on A5 Sportback

Discussion in 'A5/S5/RS5 Forum' started by devan, Jun 29, 2013.

1. devan

devan Member

[Jun 29, 2013]
    Hi all,

Im looking to upgrade my 2002 S3 to an A5 Sportback. I went to look at one yesterday (2010 S-Line 2.0TDi) but i'm confused about the DRL's. I always thought that when the keyfob is pressed to open the car, the front LED's illuminate, however this didnt happen on this particular car. Also, ive noticed some cars have "Auto" on the light switch, the car I looked had didnt have this. What is the purpose of the Auto function.

I turned the switch to the side-lights to have a look at the DRL's, but when I looked at the LED's they didnt seem very bright, just like a dim LED backlight. Im now confused, any explanation would be handy please.

Cheers,
    Ash.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. devan

devan Member

[Jun 29, 2013]
    After reading around the web, im guessing the DRL's dont switch on until the engine is started?

I think thats where I went wrong, as I only checked with the switch on the 'Side Light' position with the engine off.
  4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jun 29, 2013]
    All these things are down to coding & also systems fitted, auto lights will be combined with light sensor on screen, so will turn on when dark & the coming/leaving home feature that lights up the front area of the car when unlocking & coming home as such.