DRL switch assistance

Astakos

Reaction score
Hi lads!

I searched though this forum but I could not find an answer to my question

I am about to order the following product:

http://www.car4style.de/catalog/prod...roducts_id=253

In my car there is no DRL switch, as no DRLs came as standard at the time I ordered it. It is as the product above without the DRL switch and of course without the chrome thing.

My question therefore is whether this product will be compatible with my car. I mean, do I need something else to enable DRL lights? I can see from the headlight that my OEM car had some DRL bulbs in. But I never had the switch.

Any of your thoughts will be highly appreciated!

Cheers!

If you have the above car then you must have drl's as they come with bixenons as standard which then the other lense is used for drl's mate, so you must have them, its the inner bulbs nearer the grill.

Can you post an image of your current switch & the headlights then can move forward as even 06 s3's had them from what i recall.

Thanks mate.

My stock switch is exactly like the following but without the chrome surrounding:

http://www.car4style.de/catalog/images/2007a38ptt001d.jpg

As I said before I have DRL bulbs installed but my car never had the switch. Unfortunately is not standard in Greece.

So what i practically ask is; if I buy the switch mentioned in my first post will it be enough to have DRLs on & off or extra hardware is needed?

I assume that some coding through VAGCOm should be made but do not know what and where! :blush:

Those links don't appear to show pictures of switches. You might want to enable the DRL in vagcom and see what happens, you might not need the switch!

Well I guess the difference in weather in that part of the world doesnt require drl's but what I did was ran an extra wire to the J519 onboard network module above drivers footwell & then enabled the drl's on that module in 09 byte 00 I think, then I was able to switch on/off with that dial, but you could most likely as John says turn them on via vcds & they will work all the time but wont be switchable except with vcds, so if you want on/off use then run extra wire to the headlight switch & change the switch for drl dial one.

Thanks guys!

For some reason they have changed their website overnight and all posted links are not valid. I cannot even find the chrome switches in their website.

I will let u know how it goes!

Well I guess the difference in weather in that part of the world doesnt require drl's but what I did was ran an extra wire to the J519 onboard network module above drivers footwell & then enabled the drl's on that module in 09 byte 00 I think, then I was able to switch on/off with that dial, but you could most likely as John says turn them on via vcds & they will work all the time but wont be switchable except with vcds, so if you want on/off use then run extra wire to the headlight switch & change the switch for drl dial one.
I know it's an old thread but can you help me out with the DRL switch wiring? You mentioned an extra wire, can you tell me to which pin# will have to be connected for both ends?
Thanks.